Me 109 F recommendations

Started by NARSES2, December 02, 2010, 07:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

As the title says I'm looking for recommendations for an Me 109F in 1/72 scale. I have a Fujimi one but there are 2 nice profiles in Model Aircraft International that I'd like to do, so I need at least 1 more

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Chris......just off the top of my head.......Vichy French one.....using French camo clours and the red/orange markings...........H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Perhaps wasn't clear. I'm looking for kit recommendations, I know the schemes I want to do - real ones, sorry lads  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

There is the Italeri on Chris. Not sure if its out at the moment thou.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

Amodel and AML do one each but the cheaper option would be the Italeri boxing which is still out.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

chrisonord

I have a couple of different Hasegawa ones here Chris, and a Heller one, not sure what mark they are though, I will check my stash clearance list. I have a couple of the Airfix ones too. Just checked my list, I have a Heller K4 2 Hasegawa G's and an E.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Hobbyboss G-2 conveted back.  i think Fine Moulds may have done an F.

The Italeri kit is horrible.  Avoid.  Heller's F is ancient, OOP and underscale.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Doc Yo

Here's a review of the A Model F, for what its worth.

http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/axis/previews/amodel/72132.htm

It does confirm a Fine Molds F.

EDIT: and here's a review for one of them, the F-2.

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/axis/luft/elliot109fpreview.htm

The same site has an in-box review for FM's F-4 as well.

Radish

I agree with Lee....the HobbyBoss G-2 is the best option to follow. :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Army of One

Oh.....oops.....I say get another F and do a Vichy one anyway........!!!!  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

JayBee

Irish Air Corps :wub:

or Swiss AF in desert camo., defending their overseas territories in Africa. :rolleyes:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

matrixone

I have the Italeri Bf 109F, avoid that one. The Fine Molds kit is the best there is but is expensive, the Hobby Boss kit is not really that bad and low in cost but like most Hobby Boss kits has almost no cockpit detail.

Matrixone

Daryl J.

Fine Molds.   Pricey but fantastic.

Pablo1965

Quote from: Daryl J. on December 04, 2010, 03:31:05 PM
Fine Molds.   Pricey but fantastic.

If really need a "F" Italery is a good options but in 1/72 scale I am very surprised with the 109G of ACADEMY, good and cheap.
Hasegawa have an acceptable model of the "F" also. All depends of price. :thumbsup: