Shore Based Seafires

Started by NARSES2, November 30, 2010, 07:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I'm planing on building my Admiral Seafire 46 as a shore based fighter protecting the Scapa Flow anchorage. Now she will be in EDSG/Sky with the low demarcation but I was wondering about any possible ID markings. Now their main mission will be to take care of long range Lufwaffe recce but I was wondering if they might have some high visibility ID markings just incase the AA gunners get trigger happy ?

Suggestions and comments please

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Pink stripes. The exact colour to be determined by the colour of the Pink Gins served in the mess. :rolleyes:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Suez stripes?

Even though it'd be some years before THAT Suez of course.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Geoff

A single white stripe chordwise on the wing, tailplanes and fin same as for the Mustang III which carried them to avoid confusion with German planes, and later SEAC.

Maverick

You could always use the RAAF Pacific idea.  White tail assembly (fin, rudder & tailplanes) along with a white leading edge & spinner. Or another colour of course.

Regards,

Mav

Mossie

Blue & White spinners to reflect their stationing in Scotland?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

St. Andrew's cross, Spanish-style, on the rudders and elevators?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Cobra

how about a 2 tone Stripe pattern on Wing Tips & Tail? i've Heard that was used with Some Pre-War RAF Aircraft to avoid AA Gunners going Nuts. Not sure if it's True or not,but That's what i heard. Dan

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on November 30, 2010, 08:45:26 AM
Pink stripes. The exact colour to be determined by the colour of the Pink Gins served in the mess. :rolleyes:

Jim

I always had such a high opinion of you as well Jim  :banghead:  ;D

I think Geoff's idea of similar white stripes to what were used in SEAC is the most logical but I like the idea of a white tail appendage as well Mav.

Thanks all - even you Jim  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

More likely standard Temperate land scheme but with yellow leading edges and Sky band around the rear fuselage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

True Lee, just wanted something a little different. Mind you a Seafire in Fighter Command colours might look different ? Maybe EDSG/Sky with yellow leading edges and a sky tail band ?

PR19_Kit

But would anyone notice it was a Seafire Chris?

At best the differences are subtle, unless you model the wings folded or the hook down of course. People will just wonder why a RW Spitfire is on the Whiff SIG stand.........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Subtlety is the best form of whiffing.

Chris, I'd go with that.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 01, 2010, 09:16:48 AM
But would anyone notice it was a Seafire Chris?

At best the differences are subtle, unless you model the wings folded or the hook down of course. People will just wonder why a RW Spitfire is on the Whiff SIG stand.........

Well it's a 46 so I can't fold the wings, but it will have a hook. It would be subtle but it will have a LABEL on the base  ;D