Sukhoi T50 PAK-FA

Started by GTX, November 27, 2010, 11:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Folks,

Now there is a model available (wish it was in 1/48 :angry:), how about some whiff ideas for this:

Here's one to start you:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Spey_Phantom

looks great, but i remember Sukhoi saying that the engine is still subject to change, as the current T-50 uses the same engine as the SU-30/35.

they should give it shielded 2D vectoring, like the modified SU-27UB once had  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Geoff

Army of One

I speak (well text....) a chap in the Indian AF who mainly flies the Su30MKI...he can't wait for this aircraft.....he has told me some great stories of his flying exploits and has some awesome pics on his profile...especially of the cockpit on his Su30MKI....I asked for Maverick to do some profiles of a MIG 31 in IAF colours as I intend to make one n send it to him. He moans when he flies the Il76....doesn't fancy the Mig 21 to much though. I'd love to be able to send the Indian pic to him...might try when I get home.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

GTX

Quote from: Overkiller on November 27, 2010, 12:50:21 PM
Quote from: GTX on November 27, 2010, 11:38:21 AM
Folks,

Now there is a model available (wish it was in 1/48 :angry:), how about some whiff ideas for this:

Regards,

Greg

Step 1 - Cast your eyes over Ken Duffy's original 1/72 scratchbuild.... and take in the method.
Step 2 - Scale drawings to 1/48.
Step 3 - Stock up on milliput (or Isopon putty), plasticard and 1/48 Academy Flankers.
Step 4 - Stop wishing, and start scratchbuilding....  :wacko:

SIMPLES!

;D ;D ;D

Seriously though, that Indian T-50 just looks so right!  :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Duncan

Yep, that might be a definite option (maybe next year) - might even re-use F-22 exhaust to create a more operational version!

Regards,

Greg

GTX

GTX

Two seat possibility:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Quote from: Overkiller on November 27, 2010, 01:25:01 PM
Having said that, have you clocked the fact they are doing a 1/72 Tu-144....  :o :o :o

I am already seeing a Bombordski!!!!

Regards,

Greg

Sauragnmon

It's interesting to point out that there are 3d TVC nozzles for the AL-31 series.  Additionally, if they are still working on developing the AL-41 engines, they were designed to fit into the same engine bays as the AL-31 as an upgrade.  So you could nick the nozzles from a MiG 1.44 if you wanted to do the upgraded version.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

James

Very nice. The two seater looks better that the single imo.  :wub:

Fulcrum

AWESOME CAF PAK-FA!!!

It's so good, I saved it on my computer!!!
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: James on December 01, 2010, 12:42:55 AM
Very nice. The two seater looks better that the single imo.  :wub:

Indeed! Thanks for the sketch GTX!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

Another subtext to that would be that finally, after decades, Canada decides to grow a pair and not shop in the US for their aircraft.  By and Large that would be a far better choice compared to the nice shiny polished turd JSF.  Superbugs would be better, for gods' sakes.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

Quote from: Sauragnmon on December 02, 2010, 04:57:23 AM
Another subtext to that would be that finally, after decades, Canada decides to grow a pair and not shop in the US for their aircraft.  By and Large that would be a far better choice compared to the nice shiny polished turd JSF.  Superbugs would be better, for gods' sakes.

The F-35 will dominate the other offerings far and away and it is good for Canada's economy!

Greg