I think this is not a whatif...(Bristol Hurricane)

Started by Pablo1965, November 19, 2010, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo1965

Well, I see many  times the Bristol Hurricane in this site, I think is a real proyect. This is my Bristol Hurricane.

Pablo1965

More Photos..
See in the second Pic how the absence of radiator make posible a Flaps of only one piece with more surface.

Maverick

Pablo, there was a project for a radial engined Hurricane, altho your excellent build becomes a whif in that it's wearing No 6 Squadron codes as if it were an operational machine.

Super build!

Regards,

Mav

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Quote from: apophenia on November 19, 2010, 04:50:02 PM
Beautifully done!

With that extra flap area, it'd tempting to turn this into a Hercules-powered Sea Hurricane.

A fine idea!
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: GTX on November 19, 2010, 08:43:07 PM
Beautifully done!

With that extra flap area, it'd tempting to turn this into a Hercules-powered Sea Hurricane.

A fine idea!

Agree with that as well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

van883

Glenn Gilbertson

Weaver

There's something very nice and "right" about that - well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Great idea, great build...but it just doesn't look right. Maybe I'm being a Hurricane purist ( my Grandfather's favourite aeroplane ). Nonetheless, great job all around. Love the detail and weathering you did, and that big honking exhaust pipe says 'power' !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Pablo1965

Thanks, however your words are important for a new forum members.
The model have six years, and I'm trying to make another bristol hurricane.

Beautifully done!

I'm sure the Royal Navy Pilot.. would be grateful to have less speed to landing.

Quote from: Maverick on November 19, 2010, 04:17:45 PM
Pablo, there was a project for a radial engined Hurricane, altho your excellent build becomes a whif in that it's wearing No 6 Squadron codes as if it were an operational machine.
Super build!
Regards,
Mav

Sure, of course is a whif...The title is an ironical sentence. I wish exist a Photo of the original plane.
Really, the unique diference with a completely operational plane is the yellow low surfaces. It is a failure?
Thanks for your words

Pablo1965

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 20, 2010, 06:04:21 PM
Great idea, great build...but it just doesn't look right. Maybe I'm being a Hurricane purist ( my Grandfather's favourite aeroplane ). Nonetheless, great job all around. Love the detail and weathering you did, and that big honking exhaust pipe says 'power' !
:cheers:

Of course, I don't see a Hurricane when I see a Bristol-Hurri...is other thing, Perhaps to apreciate this model will be necesary other scheme to other country. Perhaps in that way it don't squeak as metal nail in a blackboard.

John Howling Mouse

It is so "correct" that it would fool many people.  Some say that is their favorite type of What If: so realistic it seems not a what if.

You are very talented, Monsieur Pablo and I'm very glad you are on this forum.

:thumbsup:   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Pablo1965

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on November 20, 2010, 07:29:18 PM
It is so "correct" that it would fool many people.  Some say that is their favorite type of What If: so realistic it seems not a what if.
You are very talented, Monsieur Pablo and I'm very glad you are on this forum.
:thumbsup:   :bow:

Thanks JHM I'm glad to find this forum plenty of people like us. :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

Sturmbock

Echoing the comments before; a very credible model. Love the weathering detail around the gun access panels. This must have been a very operational plane!
:thumbsup: