York fuselage/conversion kit?

Started by PR19_Kit, November 16, 2010, 10:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

While at Telford the Wooksta and I dreamed up a good, but subtle, Whiff that required an Avro York fuselage. I knew I had one so I just went up to The Loft to get it, but it's been squashed flat, well beyond all hope.  :banghead:

It WAS a Contrail vacform, but they don't seem to exist any more and those Czech guys want over £50 for their resin versions!

Does anyone have a York fuse they'd be willing to sell/trade etc. please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Bumped, if only to give me hope.....  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tojo633

Lee/Pr19
I may have the parts for one of these, will advise you when I come across it.
Cheers
Sandy

PR19_Kit

Sandy,

I should have posted this earlier but I've been spending too much time looking for boxes to pack kit boxes in.....

I actually found a COMPLETE York vacform while digging through The Loft so I don't actually need another fuselage for the conversion. But another one would come in handy to make an RW York sometime, so it would be great if you do find it, thanks.

Regards
Kit

Tojo633

York found will post pics of it, but parts have been taken of the sheets, seems to include, both fuselage halves and central rudder, bulkheads, main canopy and window acetates.
Cheers
Sandy

The Wooksta!

Thanks for the offer, Sandy, but I've a couple of conversions stashed - the Final Touch abortion which will end up being a 199 sqn ELINT bird with Merlin 85s, a Contrail complete kit which may end up something along the lines which Kit and myself discussed at Telford, and a CMR conversion which will end up as a real one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic