WW II Spy photos

Started by matrixone, May 09, 2004, 09:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is a couple of new pictures shot late this afternoon between rain showers,

This first pictures story is supposed to taken by a spy from behind a tree line in a forested area. The spy was sent to gather information on the latest German jets and photograph them if possible. In this case the photo is of ground crew getting the new Focke-Wulf Flitzer ready for another flight.

The picture below is a ''snap shot'' of the plane taken during the above mentioned spy mission.

Matrixone

gooberliberation

good job, really looks like an antique
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

nev

That 1st shot is done *brilliantly*  :wub:   Fantastic!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

Awsome Matrix, as fantastic as ever mate.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

Thanks so much for the kind words gooberliberation, nev, and lancer!

Those two ''spy'' photos are one of the ideas I had in mind when this photobase was started a while back. There are other things I might try out in the future as far as camera angles and the like.

Progress has been at a near standstill since my extra hours at work began, the new airplane hanger has been put on hold until I have more time to devote to it.
I did start on one of my 1/72 scale Opel Blitz trucks on Sunday and it is a fun kit to put together, it should add interest to my future pics when finished.
This week I will order some 1/72 scale AA weapons for the background of the photobase, these should also make my pictures more interesting to look at.

Here are two more pics from last Sunday evening...

Will post new pics in a week or two,

Matrixone

matrixone

Thanks Wooksta!

Thank you for the ideas and the info about the Flitzer wheels. I just got the new Amtech Ju 88 H Mistel kit, and I could mount a Fw 190 on top of the Ju 88 with the landing gear retracted.
I hope Revell releases the Flitzer kit again, I want to build another one or two of them. I remember it was a fun kit to build.

Matrixone

matrixone

Wooksta,

I don't know if the Special Hobby Flitzer is available now, but I have one of those in my stash of kits and am in no hurry to build it. I think this was one of Special Hobbys first releases, not a very good looking kit compared with the new BV 155 and Fw 187 kits just released a few months back.

Matrixone