Ebay Craziness...

Started by AeroplaneDriver, November 11, 2010, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Wasnt there a thread at one point on crazy stuff from ebay?  Couldnt find it so I thought I'd start one since I just looked and saw the last 15 seconds of an auction for 2 1/72 pilot figures...one looked Airfix, one Monogram maybe...with a starting price of $4!  Plus $6.50 shipping!  Talk about an optimist!!!

I need to raid the parts boxes, I have enough for a new Porsche I think at those prices!   :lol:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

anthonyp

I know of an eBay seller that sells the old 1/72 Airfix Astronaut pack for $0.99, but $10 S&H, and they don't combine shipping.  Bought from them once and never again.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

rickshaw

Anybody interested in a 1/72 vacuform C-141 Starlifter?

At the moment, only $C9.98 + $C133 postage (to Oz)!   :o :o :o

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250726862758&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

AeroplaneDriver

Perhaps it comes in a real C-141...   :rolleyes:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Weaver

Quote from: anthonyp on November 12, 2010, 09:18:51 PM
I know of an eBay seller that sells the old 1/72 Airfix Astronaut pack for $0.99, but $10 S&H, and they don't combine shipping.  Bought from them once and never again.

That's actually illegal under ebay rules, although ebay doesn't actively stop it unless someone reports the auction.  :angry:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Steel Penguin

especialy as its vaporware... youre not bidding on that one, your bidding to have one built "just " like it.. :blink:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aircav

Shame the Lancaster is wrong, another one who doesn't know about the lack of outer engine exhaust wing stains.  :banghead:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mossie

My guess is that the guy is charging according to actual time put in.  If you charge by the hour, most models would be well into their hundreds.

Quote from: Aircav on March 04, 2012, 10:03:59 AM
Shame the Lancaster is wrong, another one who doesn't know about the lack of outer engine exhaust wing stains.  :banghead:

Steve, I've seen plenty of pics of Lancs with outer staining?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on March 09, 2012, 03:20:30 AM
My guess is that the guy is charging according to actual time put in.  If you charge by the hour, most models would be well into their hundreds.

At the 'speed' I build they'd cost THOUSANDS!  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

If I sold one kit, I'd be a millionaire! :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Mossie on March 09, 2012, 03:20:30 AM

Quote from: Aircav on March 04, 2012, 10:03:59 AM

Steve, I've seen plenty of pics of Lancs with outer staining?

It's due to airflow.  The inner engines exhaust over the wing, hence the heavy staining.  The outers are mounted lower on the wing but with the same thrust line due to the dihedral so exhaust underneath the wing, so lighter staining on the wing uppers but heavy underneath.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Yeah I saw that this morning aswell, as mentioned, if the builder is charging at an hourly rate then I can understand the price. Like other folks here I've built models on comission, and quoted a price based on an hourly rate to be met with incredulous "What the h*ll !!" look... Good luck to him/her.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)