Mig 19 in Thai markings finally here!!!!

Started by Allan, May 09, 2004, 06:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

Lovely Allen!  And love that striped tail and spine!

IMHO  that airframe looks good with a prop.  Kinda a more modern P-39/63

Keep it up!

Brad

Allan

Thanks Scooterman,
It was a fun build and my wife loves it, which really can do no harm!
Allan in Canberra

gooberliberation

looks kinda like that turboprop thunderjet prototype :cheers:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Tophe

Quotethat turboprop thunderjet prototype
Google found it...
Well, I have read that this prop-F-84 was the most noisy airplane of all ever, as the blade tips were supersonic...
Concerning the prop-MiG-19, it is great, thanks for this post :wub:  May I draw a twin-boomer improved this way with your name as source, Allan ? A BMW TL-III for instance, that exists in resin from Unicraft...
Thanks! :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Allan

Hi Tophe,
Sure, go right ahead, mon copain.
Check out Hyperscale Plastic Pix for three of my Mustangs in a recent posting.
Allan in Canberra

Tophe

Thanks Allan, here is your bird... Someday, send me by mail your postal address, as I will send late in 2004 one free copy of my book to everyone that helped me filling it.
For your HyperScale Mustangs, could you direct us a little more (Gallery or Forum? Are you "Allan" also there? etc.) Thanks again :)  

Allan

Dear Tophe,
E-mail address is
barkhorn@hotmail.com
so please contact me that way.
My Mustangs may be found in the Plastic Pix section of Hyperscale and later I will post these Mig 19 shots as well, but only after my What-If brothers have had a chace to have a long look at them. I'm Allan in Canberra.
Cheers,
Allan in Australia

Tophe

Thanks Allan in Camberra... :)
With your directions, I have seen your P-51s. Beautiful, even if they seem rather normal, not very what-if...
About Australia, I have already scheduled 2 free copies : Glenn/Lyn, creator of 8 models illustrated in this book, and Daryl Johnson, that invented the Yak-7Dv, but I do not know the address of the latter. :(  Can he contact me at cmeunier@infonie.fr? Thanks, glory to Australian modellers!

PS. Maybe you have seen the little air intakes near the spinner of the PTL-III. They were there because the original hole was not circular - and other scoops can be on the port side of the nose, or below, but on your MiG-19 prop, seen from all directions, where are the air intakes ? A turboprop needs to be feeded in air (in the Real World), have you invented another kind of engine? :rolleyes:  

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Allan

Dear Tophe and Lancer,
Thanks for your kind words.
As for those air scoops and intakes, one of the wonders of What Iffing is that you can dispense with those pesky little details if you feel like it. C'est la vie!
Allan

Tophe

QuoteAs for those air scoops and intakes, one of the wonders of What Iffing is that you can dispense with those pesky little details if you feel like it. C'est la vie!
Allan
I agree, and I would add : the What-if world is even more pleasant than the Real one. 'C'est mieux que la vie'...
Well, there are many ways, and degrees in our common madness... Most of us try to invent what could have been used, some of us try to photograph their models as if they were absolutely true, and are proud of succeeding in it. I am among the most dreamy ones, but among us, there are pilots, engineers, soldiers, and each one is special. :)

nev

And most important of all, Lab Techs!  :D  Where would the world be without lab techs eh?

BTW Allan, you know you can upload your piccies direct to the forum?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Allan

Dear Nev and Tophe,
And let's not forget the humble office worker!
OK, let's have a go at uploading my model from my computer hard drive to this forum just for fun and over a cup of coffee, shall we?
Nope, won't work, the message is that I can't upload that kind of file, maybe it's too big.
http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/barkhorn/6.jpg
http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/barkhorn/2.jpg

So will have to go through Photobucket. Here're two shots of me and the wife on a Bangkok bus a year or two ago and another taken in a Bangkok photo studio. All the blokes in the studio were gay except the makeup artist and she used to be a bloke!
Allan

Gary

QuoteSo will have to go through Photobucket. Here're two shots of me and the wife on a Bangkok bus a year or two ago and another taken in a Bangkok photo studio. All the blokes in the studio were gay except the makeup artist and she used to be a bloke!
Allan
Geeze, talk about having your kok Banged!

Owwwww!!! :P  
Getting back into modeling