Looking for a few Matchbox kits

Started by Gary, November 03, 2010, 07:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

As a builder I don't care about the boxes or such stuff, just that the things are complete and have decals. If you are a collector and like the boxes, keep them. I'll just toss the empty boxes in the woodstove.

Kinda looking for a few specific ones, odd balls really. But then that's me.
Looking for a Wellesly, the Hawker Siddley private jet thingy, a twin seat Hunter and twin seat EE Lightning, the Heinkel twin pontoon flying boat, the CF-104 and both the twin seat and single seat F-5, a Provost, a Strikemaster, the fat Grumman thing that I think is a night fighter from the 50's, a Gina, a Victor...

I've tried E-bay but the lurkers always screw the pooch for me and I am not gonna pay 30 bucks plus 20 bucks for shipping for a Hellcat!. (It's happened to me)

If I've missed any of the oddities, let me know. No offence to anyone but I can only do so many P-51's and Spits and 109's before I go bonkers. I wanna build these baby's and hang them from my ceiling, like when I was a kid.

Yeah, I know, weird but that's kinda like me, ain't it.
Getting back into modeling

beowulf

Quote from: Gary on November 03, 2010, 07:05:06 PM
Yeah, I know, weird but that's kinda like me, ain't it.

you sound perfectly normal and sane to me  ;D
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Mossie

You should be able to get the Victor easily in a Revell boxing, especially if you're not worried about the pretty box!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Quote from: Gary on November 03, 2010, 07:05:06 PM
the fat Grumman thing that I think is a night fighter from the 50's

Are you referring to the Douglas F3D Skynight.  I'd like to find one of those as well.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Mossie

Just remembered, Kingkit are good for ex Matchbox stuff.  They don't have everything & they'll charge you for some of the rarer ones, but by & large it's a good place to find them.  They're based in the UK so you'd have to factor in postage as well, depends how bad you want the stuff I guess.
http://www.kingkit.co.uk/kingkit/index.php

I've done a quick check, they've definately got the Wellesley, Strikemaster & Provost.  Just do a search on Matchbox & fill your boots.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gary

Getting back into modeling

Army of One

Place near my work buys old loft insulation/stash's.....has had a lot of older stuff in there.....can be a bit hit and miss with prices.......tried putting a link in but it don't work....well...probably does but I don't know how to....try Comet Miniatures,Battersea SW11..........+44 (0)207 228 3702....hope this helps.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Mossie

S'easy, simply copy the page address from the title bar of your browser, the html on this forum is a clever little bunny & should work out that it's a link:
http://www.comet-miniatures.com/

If it doesn't come up after you've previewed, hightlight the text, then hit the 'insert hyperlink' button when you're posting a reply, it's the thing that looks like a globe with a page on it.

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

deathjester

When you say a Gina, what do you mean?  And if you want a Hellcat for a reasonable price, I will have one soon!

Green Dragon

The Matchbox version of the Gina is the G-91Y twin jet, the Heinkel is the He115.
The HS125-600 biz jet usually goes for around £12 on evil bay, several prop Provost's have gone for low prices recently (£3-£5) usualy go for around a tenner, Strikemaster is usually around £6 but if it's mint it can go for a lot more (mine had a dodgy box so got it for £4.50 inc. post) and the Skynight pops up from China a lot at around £20 plus post which is too steep for me.
Hunter kit should be quite easy to get as Revell reissued it at least twice, Lightning twin seat is getting rare, saw one go £30+ a few weeks back.
Starfighter and F-5 seems to be pretty rare at the moment in either versions (Sidewinders in these kits are terrible!).

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)