ARMADA decals.

Started by chrisonord, November 03, 2010, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Is there anyone out there that makes The "ARMADA" and anchor roundels that are used by several Spanish speaking South American countries. I feel the need to add some more Honduras Navy aircraft to my anti Cartel task force, as I only have 3 done for them and only one has decals.
I am only after the decals mentioned above but I am open to anything that has them on.
Cheers,
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

The current boxing of the Airfix Walrus has some Argentinian markings including these, as well as a British example. That would be a good, cheap option. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

chrisonord

The markings would not be modern though would they?, plus I really don't know what to do with a stack of decal less walrusses. Even I wouldn't turbo prop one  :-\ :rolleyes: :wacko:
Chris.

pyro-manic

Having just looked, they're not quite what you want. Here's a quick pic for ya. You'd need to source "ARMADA" from somewhere else, but you could get generic lettering sheets for that if you wanted. You do get the anchors and some serials though.

chrisonord

Cheers for the pic Alun,
I think they look a bit too old school for what I want, but thanks for that anyway.
Cheers,
Chris.

pyro-manic

No worries. I'm sure there are plenty of aftermarket sheets for that sort of thing - Brazil and Argentina are pretty well covered I think.

ChernayaAkula

Look for Aztec's 72-013 "Latin Eagles Part 5 - Argentine Navy Skyhawks" (CLICKY!) for the anchors and one set of Armada lettering and/or for Aztec's 72-016 "RAF/Spanish Harriers" (CLICKY!) for several more "Armadas.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Cheers for the heads up on that Moritz, the Latin Eagles sheet looks like the best bet. Does anyone know how many aircraft one of these sheets will do? Just wondering so I know what I will need. I am thinking of doing a Fokker Friendship, possibly another heavily modded Canberra,an Atlantique, a Martin Marlin and possibly a Dash-8.........Better get saving my pennies ;)
Chris.

ChernayaAkula

HERE'S a review of the 1/48 version, but the contents seem to be the same.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

deathjester

Good news mate, found some suitable for large aircraft, they are on their way to you!

Gondor

If you are looking for Spanish decals then the best place I know of is here

http://www.series-espanolas.com/

They do decals in 72nd, 48th and 32nd scales.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: deathjester on November 04, 2010, 10:38:34 AM
Good news mate, found some suitable for large aircraft, they are on their way to you!
Cheers Jason, I really appreciate that, I think I might do a Honduras Naval aircraft next, as I have done some work to the Beriev Be-200 and put it down for a while, as the parts fit is horrendous on the engines and some of the other parts don't look too appealing either.
Cheers,
Chris