1/72nd....1/76th...DIECASTS

Started by Radish, November 03, 2010, 01:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

deathjester

I might be able to find some - I'll take a look, and let you know!

beowulf

forbidden planet in nottingham used to have some wargaming stuff in metal.......cant remember the brand tho but i know hobbycraft do it now too.....not sure of the scale but it was smallish......next time i am passing i have a lookin......wish i had known cos i walked past it today.....went in games workshop instead for once  ;D
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

lenny100

hobbycraft do a 1/76 ww2 wargame but can be a bit pricy. most look like a cast

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

kitnut617

Quote from: Radish on November 03, 2010, 01:59:59 PM
Anyone know who does WW2 jeeps?

Have you tried here Terry --

http://www.matadormodels.co.uk/

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Radish

That's great!! And they're at Telford too. It's just that one of my "Biggles" Dakotas will be French Air Force, postwar, and I want a suitable vehicle to pop alongside it.
Got lots of ideas now!
Cheers. :thumbsup:

pyro-manic

Does it have to be diecast? The Academy 1:72 P-51C "Red Tails" boxing comes with a jeep, if that's any use?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

kitnut617

And this link may help you find what you want, I did a search using 'jeep' and 1/72 as a scale and a load of stuff came up --

http://www.rollmodels.com/
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

beowulf

Quote from: pyro-manic on November 03, 2010, 02:37:53 PM
Does it have to be diecast? The Academy 1:72 P-51C comes with a jeep, if that's any use?

or the airfix buffolo amphib  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

chrisonord

If you get stuck Radish, I have a 1/76th Jeep and trailer kit in the loft that is part of my for sale stuff. Let me know if its any good to you.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Green Dragon

Hasegawa do one in 1/72nd as do Academy in some of their US aircraft kits and I think Italeri do a two-pack in their quick build series for that wargame theyy do. In 1/76th there are Revell (ex Matchbox LRDG set & Morris C8 sets), Fujimi and Airfix (with the Buffalo). Heller do one listed as 1/72nd but not sure if it's an Airfix 1/76th rebox.
Lots of Wargames companies do them in resin and white metal.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

TsrJoe

the Cararama range has a really nicely detailed Jeep in 72 scale (they are better detailed than most plastic ones too), iv a few 'spare' ones if you want i'll bring it along to Telford

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

thedarkmaster

Got some at work mate, they are paet of the Dragon 1/76 dicast/plastic readymade range....expensive though
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Radish

Spotted them and I thought..."expensive!".
A pity Oxford Diecast don't do something (got their Landrovers :thumbsup:)

I've ordered a couple of packets of Italeri ones....it was just that I was being lazy. They're for after Telford anyway. My Telford builds are all progressing, with appropriate vehicles already bought.

Cheers, chaps :thumbsup: :thumbsup: