Updated Arrow Project

Started by Gary, May 08, 2004, 11:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Uhh well, here's the work in progress. The variable inlets are in place. They are from an F-15 and shaved in width to be the same size as the D shaped inlets. The wings and such are in place with tape. In this shot you should also be able to see the new main landing gear bay. One of the problems with the Arrow was this long and complicated landing gear arrangement and logic dictated that things would be sorted out with shorter stronger gear. It also allows for a thicker wing with hardpoints.
Getting back into modeling

Gary

This is the same body with the f-15 office but up till I took these shots I hadn't made up my mind. Now I know what I want, but what do you guys think?

Gary

Closer peek at the wheel well. It's actually the well chopped out of the f-15 kit I'm butchering, flipped  and rotated to this position. I'm stealing tires from an SU-22 and plopping them in the end of modifyed f-15 gear.

I'm also gonna finish the shoulder faring for the gun and on the opposite side fit a FLIR in the shoulder mount. (some kind of sensor mount at any rate)

WeeJimmy

I like it... and I can see that RCN paint scheme on her as the Sea Arrow... ;)  

Ollie

Keep the Arrow nose, put a different radome if you wish.

Looking very good!

:wub:  :wub:  

Mairfrog

Yep, Arrow nose must be kept. You rarely see total cockpit redesigns on an aeroplane. Looking good there IMWFO. :cheers:

Have I mentioned that Arrows kick donkey at all?

Ollie

I want to get a 1/72 one and put a decent landing gear on it, mainly F-18 stuff that would retract into the fuselage sides a bit like the TSR.2.

Arrow was plagued by that crappy U/C.  And it would free up space in the wings!!

B)  

viper29_ca

I have a 1/48 Arrow here as well...along with an old Monogram F-14 that I built back when I was a kit....my intention is to mate the cockpit section and intakes with the Arrow body...possible scratchbuild a couple of canards, and rob the wingtips off of an old F-5 or F-16 to upgrade my Arrow.

Would be painted in Low Vis grey, with Canadian Markings of course!!!!
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

Captain Canada

Looking good !

And I agree with the boys, keep the Arrow nose, looks too much like an F-15 otherwise !

And, if you really want to snazz her up, I've got the vectored thrust donkey-end from the Italeri F-22 here, that I was going to use for my Arrow 200 project.....fits right into the back with a wee bit of cutting.....lemme know if you want it !

Cheers !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

That 1st pic, with the intakes & radome, it looks very Tornado-ish.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Supertom

I totally agree with Ollie there.  Keep the Arrow nose, swap out the radome.  Looking good there pal!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Gary

QuoteLooking good !

And I agree with the boys, keep the Arrow nose, looks too much like an F-15 otherwise !

And, if you really want to snazz her up, I've got the vectored thrust donkey-end from the Italeri F-22 here, that I was going to use for my Arrow 200 project.....fits right into the back with a wee bit of cutting.....lemme know if you want it !

Cheers !

Toadman
Hey Toadman, thanks for the offer of your donkey but I've already cut up the exhausts to use the turkey feather tailpipes from the F-15. I'm debating spinning up some rounded tubing on my minilathe to make them vectoring like the Superflanker's. B)
I'm in agreement regarding the new cone and Arrow cockpit. Looked waaay to F-15ish the other way. Thanks for confirming my feelings guys. ^_^  
Viper mentioned the grey over grey colours. Ditto on that. Maybe the blotchy F-22 style as opposed to the present CF-18 style. Most certainly, the fake cockpit paint on the bottom.  :wub:  

Captain Canada

Hey Toadman, thanks for the offer of your donkey but I've already cut up the exhausts to use the turkey feather tailpipes from the F-15. I'm debating spinning up some rounded tubing on my minilathe to make them vectoring like the Superflanker's. B)
Well, if you're sure you'd rather have boring old round exhausts.....like an F-15 wanna-be !

Hey.....aren't those prototype Orenda Iroqouis II VTR nozzles ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gary

Awww geeze Toadman... that looks too sexy to pass up. Are you sure you wanna part with 'em? Lemmie know if you need anything for tradesy. I'd feel guilty as heck 'as whatca gonna do with your Arrow project now?

Gary

Captain Canada

Hey gary, no, I don't need them...the F-22 is already done without them, and my Arrow 200 has been stillborn for about four years now ! Along with the other 8 that I started.......

PM me your mailing addy and I'll ship 'em out !

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?