Multi Rollen-Kampfflugzeuge Tornado (1946)

Started by Green Dragon, October 31, 2010, 11:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Here is my other entry in the BM Whif GB, the Junkers/Arado Tornado Multi Role Combat Aircraft. Designed to fill the roles of heavy night fighter/AEW Radar Picket/Armed Recon/Ground Attack/Torpedo Bomber etc...

Build thread here. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53920
All completed builds posted here. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52587

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Green Dragon

Many thanks Duncan, started out trying to make the Senryu from The Skycrawlers but because of dodgy measuring it went a bit wonky and I had to change it quite a bit.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Cliffy B on October 31, 2010, 01:22:25 PM
HOLY AWESOME ON A STICK!!!!!!!!!!!  :wub:

That sounds about right!  :thumbsup: Amazing model!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ed S

Very creative.  Great idea.  What is at the front of the booms, some kind of gun?
Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Hobbes

Very nice!

btw the German word for multirole is 'Mehrzweck'

deathjester

I would say that describing this as 'Perfect' would be a gross understatement!
WOW!! :bow: :bow:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

Cheers for all the great comments!
Ed, they are indeed guns, six barrelled Vulcan cannons from the Airfix 1/72nd Phantom kit (SUU-16 or SUU-23 gun pods I think). They are 20mm but seeing as I like the Me262's fire power I'm pretending they are 30mm! The boom section they fit into are F-4E Phantom nose parts (Airfix and Esci).
Thanks for the real German translation Hobbes, as you can probably tell I used Babelfish to try getting the right wording!
Really wish I'd noticed the dodgey paintwork on the canopy, flash photo show up too many mistakes, but I do have the excuse of a rushed repair and patch up!

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.