Latest Wiffing project a WIP WIF

Started by Dork the kit slayer, October 31, 2010, 09:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

Picked this old Hasegawa 104 out of the loft( dont ask...........really dont ask) and didnt remember
that this release didnt have any wheel well detail (actually NO wheel wells)

So I built up the space with pieces of sprue and then used filler to build up the gaps. After
a whole lot of pain rubbing down,finally got the contours right. So primed the whole thing, and
of course had to refifill and sand away at the flaws that showed up.Especially the intakes and airbrakes
that were a nightmare fit anyway. Then more primer.

There was no cockpit detail and the canopy was split and had stress marks in the plastic,so it was the desk model route for this one.
Biggest problem being the sanding took away any canopy detail.(hence the all black and no frame.

I was going to re-scribe the airbrakes but then decided to wif the build and thought about Hunter style outboard mounted units

( any thoughts gents?) and while still lucid ( as lucid as I ever get) thought that these T-33 tanks look the biz (again any thoughts gents) The markings are also still undecided on so Ill have to rummage around in the decal box............................to be continued.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

kitnut617

I was told by the owner of the LMS I frequent (he has a lot of very old stuff in the storage room at the back of his shop) that a lot of the early Hasegawa kits were actually lincenced produced Frog kits.  That 104 has a lot of similarities in it's style to the Frog F-100 I have.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

Hasegawa and Frog did share a fair few tools.  for example Ive got both Frog and Hasegawa boxings of the B 47 in my stash.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 31, 2010, 10:06:50 AM
I was told by the owner of the LMS I frequent (he has a lot of very old stuff in the storage room at the back of his shop) that a lot of the early Hasegawa kits were actually lincenced produced Frog kits.  That 104 has a lot of similarities in it's style to the Frog F-100 I have.
Im pretty sure that is the case,but If I remember correctly it was Frog that put Hasegawa kits into their boxes. Like Martin I have a couple of old Frog/Hasegawa kits.
As you can see this one was imported by Hales which dates it(and me).

PR19_Kit

I concur on the opinions where Frog bought in Hasegawa mouldings and put them in their boxes.

The Lightning F6 and their Phantom being cases in point. They also did the same with 1/24 car kits, this time using AMT mouldings, the Lotus 29 and AC Cobra being examples. I reckon the Frog kits had much better  box art though, not to mention being cheaper!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on October 31, 2010, 11:22:22 AM
[As you can see this one was imported by Hales which dates it(and me).

I've a few Hales boxings as well. Fond memories of going to BMW's in Wimbledon on a Saturday and going through the Transfers Catalogue, first after market markings I'd ever seen. Still got a few of the sheets and they are still usable after 35 years  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on October 31, 2010, 09:49:14 AM
The markings are also still undecided on so Ill have to rummage around in the decal box............................to be continued.

And after your little soujourn to pillage MY DECAL BOX/FILES on Wednesday, what did you forget to take with you, hmmmmm ??  :banghead:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Dork the kit slayer

what did you forget to take with you, hmmmmm ??  :banghead:

The white fiver????????????

Ian the Kiwi Herder

No, something altogether more Teutonic ! - No NOT Mrs. Hunter-Gatherer, or any part thereof !  :drink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)