HIKOKI 1946. Nakajma Ki 121 Kendra

Started by PACOPEPE, October 29, 2010, 02:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

Nakajima Ki 121 Kendra. Maj. Akira Kobayashi. 2º. Chutai, 104 Sentai. South of Japan; spring of 1946.

On september of 1945; with the Kitsuka (Kikka) under development for the IJN, Nakajima provided the IJA their proposal for what was to be the definitive japanese version of the Me 262; the Ki 201 Karyu.

However, at the same time -due to the serious military situation-, Nakajima built the Me 262 unlicensed, copying the parts of this aircraft coming by submarine from Germany. This one was called Nakajima Ki 121 Kendra.

All the best
Fran

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Taiidantomcat

Excellent work! The camo is perfect and the bright white and red hinamarus set it off in a big way  :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pelayo

Very interesting, and very well done.

Regards,

Pablo1965

Tophe

Perfect! :wub:
Is it a scratchbuit of yours from a Me-262 or did you use parts from a Kikka kit or something? (the canopy does not look very 262ish, maybe "more Japanese", great!)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Sturmbock

PACOPEPE

Thanks to all.

Yes Tophe, the canopy doesn´t seem a lot to one of the Me 262, but...the kit hasn´t any modification, it´s the ORIGINAL kit of the manufacturer MATCHBOX.

I knew this kit had canopy and fuselage quite different from those of other kits of the Me 262. For this reason i chose it for built a "modified copy" of a Me 262.

Regards
Fran

dumaniac

sequoiaranger

The "Home Defense" markings of the red Hinomaru on a white square background always look good on Japanese aircraft (or German for that matter!).
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!