Do you like the old Air Racers?

Started by Pablo1965, October 26, 2010, 03:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo1965

The old air racers, with the sounds of the engines, the fuel in the air, risk...those things make build this plane:

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

An air racer sponsored by our favorite model manufacturers----positively inspired, Pablo!   :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

pyro-manic

Very nice - the white leading edges with the black demarcation makes for a very attractive scheme! May I ask what kit you used? I don't recognise the aircraft I'm afraid.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Taiidantomcat

That is excellent! Wow! Makes me grin. Brilliant use of the Model Manufacturing decals too  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sequoiaranger

...and Yes, I do like the old air racers!

Is that a "Travelaire"?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Weaver

Smart scheme:excellent!  :thumbsup:

My guess? Polikarpov I-152
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Doc Yo

Fond of them myself, and this is a delightful interpretaion. I think the 'Mystery ship' had shorter gear, though...

Pablo1965

And the winner is ....I-152 but only the fuselage, the wings was taken form a swordfish 1/72, and the wheels was taken from a Nate.
I know his fault and mistakes but Is my weakness.
Thanks for your words and however a photo...

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PYF42

pedrospe

looks great pablo, just like the real aircraft.

best regards

pedro

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die