Model Expo 2010, Peterborough

Started by deathjester, October 24, 2010, 09:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

Hi all!
I am organising a model show in December, on the 4th, at St.Pauls Church Hall, The Triangle, New England
PE1 2PA.
 If anyone would like to come, and maybe display some of their models, please PM me for details!

deathjester

Good news chaps, Falcon and some of his chums are coming, and Freightdog is a definite maybe!  Who else feels like displaying?  Brampton club is there too, and there will be Scalextric racing!

deathjester

No problem for parking, there is a large paddock next to the Vicarage, and a small hardstanding where you can unload large items near the halls back door. This also leads to the paddock through a gate in the hedge.

Martin H

ill have a word with the coventry boys tonight. But seeing as the next day is the traders fair at the air museum I wouldnt hold out much hope.

Count the what if? sig in thou
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

deathjester

Thanks Martin!  I appreciate that!  You can get in from 8am, and doors open 10am - 4pm.
Glad to see the What If SIG there - got somewhere to put my models now! :wacko:

Martin H

No luck with the Coventry boys im afraid. If it wasnt the same weekend as the MAM traders fair they might have been able to say yes.

A post code for the venue would be help full, to help with the navigation :)
Unfortunately,

deathjester

Martin H

good man. looking at the venue on multimaps, is the place access able via Lincoln road?
Unfortunately,

deathjester

It is accessable via Lincoln Rd, but it might be less hassle to get to from Bourges Boulevard. 
Or if you come in from the A47, and come off near Dogsthorpe, you can just drive up St. Pauls Rd to the church.

deathjester

Well, avoided a minor disaster - Wellingbororough Scalextric Club couldn't come, but the club president rang round some friends, and found a Tomy AFX club who would love to come - they also have a shop, importing slot cars from the US. :party:

Freightdog862

Freightdog are firm for the show, looking forward to it, last one of the year!
Colin

Martin H

I have some bad new.

Im unable to get to the show now. Family and work commitments have reared their ugly heads and thrown a spanner into the works.

So unless any other sig member can take over for the day, the what if? gang will be unable to attend now.
Unfortunately,

deathjester

Sorry to hear that mate - was looking forward to seeing you again!
So, how about it - anyone else up for a trip to sunny Peterborough!?!