XF-858 Triplex-Goblin?

Started by Tophe, October 23, 2010, 10:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

After I finished the P-51Ab, and while the Black Spider is on the way, I take other models, to get legs for the spider. I still have 20 kits to build, and I want to decrease strongly this number, quickly. So I take 3 of them now: XF-85, XF-85, XF-85!
I think I bought the Eurokit 1/72 resin kit when I wanted to add a modern little barrel-plane to my Polikarpov I-15 and I-16. And, having forgotten this box, I bought 2 MPM 1/72 plastic kits wanting to make a couple: normal ugly & thinned beauty. Now, I think I will build these 3 into one triplex fuselage airplane.
The first idea was this ("à la P-38"): central streamlined one, jet-less, lateral normal ones with jets.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here is the aspect inside. Alas 3 thermoformed canopies...
I guess the solid almost finished (resin) fuselage&wings will become the central part, not easy to thin. So I will have on the port windtip a plastic thinned one, on the straboard windtip a normal plastic one, the whole being strongly asymmetric which I adore... :blink: ;D

PR19_Kit

All you need now Tophe is the triple B-36 (B-108?) to carry it!  :cheers:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

A triple B-36 1/72??!!! :blink: :unsure: :blink: I lack room tremendously for such a giant... :-\

Tophe

Before hard truncating and much puty/sanding:

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 23, 2010, 02:59:42 PM
All you need now Tophe is the triple B-36 (B-108?) to carry it!  :cheers:

What an evil thought, GOOD FUN, but evil. :wacko: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

So not so much a Wobblin' Goblin as a Triplin' Goblin eh? I'd love to see the backstory for this one!  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Of course it does beg the question 'Who else but Tophe would have THREE Goblin kits anyway?'  :lol: :rolleyes:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

John Howling Mouse

Intriguing idea...Looking forward to more of this one, Monsieur. 
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Pablo1965

Waiting,  :o :o great and  :thumbsup: curious

Tophe

Starting to truncate the streamlined fuselage, the result was so funny (like a mouth-open fish), I did the same on the opposite fuselage. So the triplex-fuselage will be Ugly-Normal-Pretty... Hehehe!

Stargazer

1°) I've always loved the Goblin
2°) I've always loved crazy whif ideas
3°) Tophe is downright crazy

Three excellent reasons to follow this new project carefully!!

Tophe

Taking shape... (my lack of skills with thermoformed canopies has been handled with puty and sanding)