O

HMS Astute runs aground.

Started by Overkiller, October 22, 2010, 08:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overkiller

PR19_Kit

Oh for goodness sake!  :banghead:

Isn't the Astute meant to have '...the most advanced sonar on any submarine in the world...'? What do they do with it, listen to whales????
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Cliffy B

Someone's rear is in a sling!!!!  :o

Wonder how it happened?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Aircav

Not a very "Astute" navigational officer.  ;)
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

beowulf

ooops......someone will be getting a meeting with no tea or biscuits then  ;D ;D
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Green Dragon

Just saw it on the scottish news, whats all that smoke or steam belching out of the sail?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Aircav

Looks like steam, there's also water running down the out side of the pressure hull about where the reactor is....
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Mr. Uncomfortable Navy Spokesman said that the reactor was shut down and the boat was using an auxiliary diesel generator while it was stranded, so that might be the smoke.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Fulcrum

Quote from: Weaver on October 22, 2010, 07:21:52 PM
Mr. Uncomfortable Navy Spokesman said that the reactor was shut down and the boat was using an auxiliary diesel generator while it was stranded, so that might be the smoke.
Either that or they're secretly testing their new "Steampunk-inspired" propulsion system ;D :rolleyes: :lol:.
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

pyro-manic

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 22, 2010, 08:52:42 AM
Oh for goodness sake!  :banghead:

Isn't the Astute meant to have '...the most advanced sonar on any submarine in the world...'? What do they do with it, listen to whales????

They can't afford the groovy earphones, what with the budget cuts and all..... ;D

She's back in Faslane now, no serious damage other than to certain careers...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<