Republic of Iran FBC-1

Started by Green Dragon, October 21, 2010, 05:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Here is my build from the Britmodeller What If GB, build thread here. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54527

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

anthonyp

Nice build!  If I had one in the stash, it would end up similar to this.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

QuoteI've got one of the Trumpeter FBC-1 kits in the stash, planning on doing it as a Pakistani AF bird

I want a 1/48 one for Pakistani treatment as well!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Green Dragon

Thanks guys, glad you like it.  ;D
Greg, the only 1/48th kits I know of are the AA Model ones from China. It's not very accurate but it looks sort of like one! I did a review of it in Scale Aviation Modeller several years ago and the main things wrong were a need to stretch the fuselage in the intake area and the cockpit clear parts were low, kind of flat and very wide. Think I may still have a floppy disk with the review on it somewhere! The kit is very toy-like and the plastic needs Platic weld or similar as styrene glues didn't work (may have been ABS?).

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Supertom

Gah!  I was just about to do that.  Beaten to the punch again!  Good work there, Green!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Weaver

Good Model - nice one!  :thumbsup:

This plane always strikes me as the sort of thing that Britain might have produced in the late '60s/early '70s if we'd decided to develop our own twin-Spey airframe instead of modifying the Phantom.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

Quote from: Weaver on November 16, 2010, 07:57:45 AM
Good Model - nice one!  :thumbsup:

This plane always strikes me as the sort of thing that Britain might have produced in the late '60s/early '70s if we'd decided to develop our own twin-Spey airframe instead of modifying the Phantom.....

Sort of a Jaguar on steroids.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.