O

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bat? Or: The 1/48 Italeri LHX Stingbat

Started by Overkiller, October 20, 2010, 07:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overkiller

sudzonic

interesting looking chopper looking forward to seeing this progress.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

dragon

So, if you are the pilot of said helicopter, does that make you "Batman"?
;D :cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Taiidantomcat

Always thought this was a great looking model!  :thumbsup: I have wanted to get one of those for a while now myself, can't wait to see more  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Silverfox

If i had one of those, I'd have to modify it to make it look... well, workable. But I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it!

anthonyp

I've only had one of those and I sent it out as a Secret Santa kit (which turned out great, btw).  Now, if it were 1/72, I'd have a couple of them...

Really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

lenny100

look like a lot of work on parts that can't be seen in the finished kit, why do they do this?
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Silverfox

Looking good - watching this with interest to see how it goes. I feel sorry for you with the amount of PSR though!
Should be worth it in the end :D

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

KiwiZac

Dare I ask, any progress on this promising build? I'd love to get a Stingbat and do it up as a more "realistic" one of the many LHX proposals floated over the years.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: Overkiller (aka Buffy) on October 22, 2010, 01:21:56 PM
Quote from: lenny100 on October 22, 2010, 01:01:20 PM
look like a lot of work on parts that can't be seen in the finished kit, why do they do this?
Good Question! I wish I knew the answer...  :lol: Some lovely detail parts, then they all disappear once you get the fuselage halves together....  :banghead: Duncan
They must be cohooting with the aftermarket boys so that we're even more tempted to spendspendspend and buy detail sets with hatches and stuff...

The truth is out there, man... Or in there, waiting to be revealed by an opened PE hatch. :mellow: