Spitfire contra-props in 1/72

Started by PR19_Kit, October 18, 2010, 12:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Are there any other kits, apart from the Eduard Profi kit F22, or aftermarket parts, that provide the six bladed contra-prop for the Spitfire F22?

Even more importantly, does anyone have one that I can part you from pleeeeeeeeeeeease??

I have an Eduard version, but the prop is deisgned by a sadist as it has all 6 blades and the spinner in 9 separate parts. I've just spent a week trying to build it and had every sort of problem, blades refusing to be glued in place, with liquid glue or superglue, trying to get the pitch angles all the same, trying to keep the blades level etc. etc. I thought I'd finished it but just now one blade fell off into the Carpet Monster and how I have a FIVE bladed contra-prop!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Kit,

Aeroclub do one, I used it for my Kelpie FR-7
see here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,22685.0.html

Also the A Model Seafang has one.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Kit

I've got the Aeroclub Rotol pack. More then wellcome to one of them. Can it wait until Telford ?

If so, buy me a cup of their expensive tea and the deals done  :thumbsup:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Kit, John Adams (the Aeroclub owner) frequents Britmodeller regularly, since Peter Wright's sudden demise he closed the website down so he can figure out Pete's system and get all the back orders filled. He has stated he will still sell his stuff but only through the Britmodeller forum, all you have to do is PM him and ask if he has any.  He goes by the user id of John Aero
HTH's

Robert

EDIT:  He also sells his stuff on eBay apparently, I can't remember what his user id is on that though, but he has posted it on Britmodeller what it is.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Heavens, I'm duly impressed with the response, thanks very much.

Chris, I'd be very happy to part you from that Aeroclub one that you have already, but it's intended for my Freightdog/Pegasus entry, so may we do a postal deal please? Speed is of the essence here..........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2010, 08:04:07 AM
Heavens, I'm duly impressed with the response, thanks very much.

Chris, I'd be very happy to part you from that Aeroclub one that you have already, but it's intended for my Freightdog/Pegasus entry, so may we do a postal deal please? Speed is of the essence here..........  ;D

PM on way
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.