Huckebein finished today.

Started by matrixone, October 17, 2010, 06:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

The Ta 183 Huckebein is now finished.

Here are a few pics of it...

And two pics of the Ta 183 under new management...

Matrixone

Cliffy B

I'll get my knitting needles now...

Yet another superb work of art man!  :thumbsup:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

dumaniac

just back from 3 weeks holidays - very nice job on the Ta 183

NARSES2

That top picture is gorgeous  :wub:

Tremendous modelling as per normal  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

frank2056

Absolutely beautiful model and an excellent paint job as well!

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Draken35

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

matrixone

Many thanks to all who responded!

The model turned out okay but one thing that bothers me about it is I did not quite shorten the landing gear legs enough...it should sit with the nose a little higher than it does now. Maybe next year I will build another one.

Two more pics...

My what-if Dora is also finished, pics will be posted later today.

Matrixone

Gondor

It looks great Matrixone.... quit grumbling about the undercarriage as its a work of art.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

lancer

Superb, brilliant and wonderfully executed  as ever Matrixone.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Wonderful work! :bow: As always! :bow:

Is the little raven beneath the cockpit there on purpose? Would be a hell of a coincidence if not. I ask because there's the story "Der Unglücksrabe Hans Huckebein" (the unlucky raven Hans Huckebein) by Wilhelm Busch, a famous German poet, caricaturist and painter, perhaps better known for the "Max und Moritz" stories. Click >>HERE<< for a translated version.
I've seen this raven on other planes before and in some cases, Busch's "Huckebein" was mentioned in the context. I believe one Zerstörergeschwader used one of the original drawings of the raven for their emblem.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?