Bad Day At The Office

Started by Ed S, October 17, 2010, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Here is my latest effort.  Our local club had a contest this month.  The idea was to go to our LHS for a meeting on Oct 2 and buy a kit and have it finished for our regular meeting on the 20th.  So I found a Bandai Gundam kit.  I've never built one before.  I don't know anything about the Gundam series and I decided that I really didn't want to just build it out of the box.  I thought it would look good as if it had been shot up pretty bad and barely survived.  Here it is.  Finished it yesterday and went outside this afternoon and photoed it in some natural light.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Ed,If you want me to, i can give you the Address of a Site with Gundam & Other Anime cartoons if you Want good Refs! Dan

BlackOps

I think we've all had days like this.  ;D   nicely done.  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

chrisonord

Absolutely brilliant Ed, you have certainly shot the s**t outta that thing :lol:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Cliffy B

Badarse man!  :thumbsup:  Love the battle damage!
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

Nice one Ed - lovely paint and damage work there!  :thumbsup:

Small suggestion: why not modify the stance so that the rifle butt is dragging behind it on the ground? That would make it look as if it was just about putting one foot in fron of the other....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Brilliant Ed. I see you have met my line manager! :rolleyes:

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

Brilliant! simply put -- an incredible job  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

tanktastic43

A great job on the bullet holes. Very convincing. Well done.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

Ed S

Thanks guys.

Quote from: Weaver on October 18, 2010, 01:23:46 AM
Small suggestion: why not modify the stance so that the rifle butt is dragging behind it on the ground? That would make it look as if it was just about putting one foot in fron of the other....

I tried this approach, but the model only has limited range of motion and it would have required major surgery to get this stance.  Not something I wanted to do for a 2 week build.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

John Howling Mouse

Love the dangling hand.  Great job, Ed!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.