Fock Wulf FW229-B2 Night Fighter

Started by Spey_Phantom, October 13, 2010, 10:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

i just started building this Luft46 plane, a night fighter version of the FW Flitzer.
for the NF version, parts of the Me262 will be added.

modifications will include:
-a second cockpit, made from a fw190a spare (with me262B canopy)
-Lichtenstein Radar
-external underwing feul tanks (as 2 nose guns and internal feul tanks is sacrificed for 2ns seat and radar equipment)
-possible fitting of X4 missiles

pics later  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Slerski

« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Spey_Phantom

ok, the first pic is here, the tail booms have been assembled and the parts for the cockpit have been painted.
this is gonna be all for today, more tomorrow  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sturmbock

Cool! I have some plans with a Flitzer myself, so I'm very curious how your build will turn out.

Spey_Phantom

got another update  :mellow:

i have fitted the cockpit, and closed up the console between the 2 seats.
wings have also been put together, underneath i fitted a pair of hardpoints for external tanks.
unfortunatly i have to leave off the X-4's, as i appear to be temporarily out of stock, propably scratch a few later.

one thing i noticed is that there will be a huge gap between the canopy and the fuselage, im gonna need tons of putty to close this up  :-\

more pics  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

buzzbomb

Tophe

Nice project and start...
Nils, are you the inventor of the Flitzer 2-seater? or did it exist elsewhere, your main addition being the night radar?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Tophe on October 15, 2010, 10:46:10 AM
Nice project and start...
Nils, are you the inventor of the Flitzer 2-seater? or did it exist elsewhere, your main addition being the night radar?
as i remember, o never seen a 2-seat flitzer, but the fun about what if and Luft46, you can make one  ;D

anyway, i got an update
after spending all day cleaning up the workstation, i was terribly temped to make it messy again  :wacko:

the PSR work on the canopy is horribly hard, i did the best i could, might try to make a few fixes before starting to paint. all the parts (landing gear doors, canopy, wings and tail) have been glued together, landing gear needs to be painted first. im gonna wait with the radar and other parts till after the aircraft assembly itsself is complete (shoulndt be long now).

here are a pair of pics  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tophe

Good, rather near to completion! I love it! :wub: :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

The canopy looks really good!  :thumbsup: Fits like a glove.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tophe

:thumbsup: Wow, great model (of the evil side, otherwise I would clap my hands joyfully)...