R

San Antonio, Texas - Feb. 19, 2011

Started by RotorheadTX, October 10, 2010, 07:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotorheadTX

Well then Team Texas, since the Austin show came off reasonably well, should we start planning for Springtime???
Scooterman and I are conspiring the following parallel builds: Buccs, Egg-Phantoms, and Tucanos.

I'll contact IPMS Alamo Sqn. for the tables. Who's bringing the Twiglets??

Scooterman

Buccs-check
Eggtooms-check
Tucanos-check
Twiglets-check

more frackin table space-BETTER BE!  Cripes!

(sorry Tony, just stickin it to ya)

Roger the Cabin Boy

Never seen such a one dimensional :o display before...   ;D    You guys did well, considering...   :thumbsup:

How about investing in two or more folding pasting tables, spraying them in camo, and marking them up as property of the Texas Shock Modelers Display Team?   (Being TX, suppose they would need branding rather than stencils..)   Then, being entirely self-contained, you could then gatecrash any joyless competitions with military precision, setting up in corners, foyers, any unused space.  (Anything other than being shunted into anterooms by competition co-ordinators).  Take the initiative - fully exploit the element of surprise, by rapelling through open windows, that sort of thing.   Being shock modelers, you could also take MREs and water canisters for endurance behind the displays.   :thumbsup:
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

sotoolslinger

Y'all know me . If I am in town I will be there. You know that is a good idea about bringing our own tables. :wacko: If the venue will let us :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Roger the Cabin Boy

Texas Combat Modelers Rapid Response Display Team.    ;D

Toolslinger is already in the appropriate apparel.  Yaw'll be just needin' them military style embroidered name tags now.   

sotoolslinger

Yes and we have operatives in both Canada and Great Britain ;D Beware :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

RotorheadTX

Just got confirmation from the San Antonio club; two (full size) tables reserved for display-only models ...... What-If, and my one-man-band Helicopter SIG.

Best news of all? The tables are FREE!!

I expect to see ALL of you there this time too.... no slacking, no excuses.
The date has been posted, so stop reading the forum and go build something.

arkon

wheres it goin to be? now that im done with movin and the majority of house remodelin and got some space set up for buildin (i just need to find the cash to restart my stash) i'll try to get somethin done an be there, i am pretty close n all livin in pipe creek'
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Roger the Cabin Boy

Quote from: RotorheadTX on October 20, 2010, 05:07:49 AM
Just got confirmation from the San Antonio club; two (full size) tables reserved for display-only models ...... What-If, and my one-man-band Helicopter SIG.

Best news of all? The tables are FREE!!

I expect to see ALL of you there this time too.... no slacking, no excuses.
The date has been posted, so stop reading the forum and go build something.

Just one table per display?    :o   Yup, you guys definitely need to get your own paste tables.

RotorheadTX

Quote from: arkon on October 20, 2010, 05:28:48 PM
wheres it goin to be? now that im done with movin and the majority of house remodelin and got some space set up for buildin (i just need to find the cash to restart my stash) i'll try to get somethin done an be there, i am pretty close n all livin in pipe creek'

RotorheadTX

Quote from: Roger the Cabin Boy on October 21, 2010, 12:48:10 AM
Just one table per display?    :o   Yup, you guys definitely need to get your own paste tables.

Now, now, now, don't get it wrong; that's just how many I asked for. I cannot fill more than one table with helos on my own, and I can never guarantee how much participation I'll get from the other forum members here, so I made a safe bet.

Doc Yo

I'll try and make it-SA isn't that far down the road, and if I can talk the wife into a weekend getaway....

Scooterman

Might want to ask for one more Whif table, Tony.  You know Ron and Eddie like to build them big!  And if they don't show, I'll break out the older stuff.  And now that I'm thinking of it, can you get one more for HarrierSIG?  Please?   :bow:  Since you're already talking to them about display space, ya'know?   ;D

kitnut617

I've been invited to stay at a friend's house in Yuma about this time, I thought I wouldn't mind popping over for the weekend ----- until I google mapped it that is --- 1000 miles and change --- umm! I don't think so I'm afraid.  How far is it from Dallas/Fort Worth ? Only 266 miles, that seems a lot better   :lol:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Scooterman

Da BUMP!

Ron, Eddie, how's it looking?  And if I dare, Retro70s you still hanging out?