O

CF-8 CRUSADER!!!!!!!!!

Started by Ollie, May 03, 2004, 06:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

Hi guys,

I might start my CF-8 Crusader real soon, if I get word from that guy over at Cobra Company that I can get his stuff without having to pay 16$ of shipping....   <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<

In the meanwhile, here's a teaser...

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

retro_seventies

i can't wait to see it Ollie...

i have a couple on my shelf staring at me RIGHT NOW, but i just don't want to start it and mess up...you know what i mean?

its "The World's Greatest Fighter" TM and i want to do the best job that i possibly can...

*sighs*

maybe next year i'll do them...i still have a VG version that i want to do, and an israeli version with canards and stuff (imagine if they had modified the crusader instead of the mirage to make the kfir).

i know you'll do a great job dude, you always do....

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Scooterman

Quoteand an israeli version with canards and stuff (imagine if they had modified the crusader instead of the mirage to make the kfir).

That's a fecking SWEET idea, Retro!  :cheers:  :cheers:

Just the thought of a F-8 in Israeli desert colors gives me wood.

Brad

retro_seventies

i think chris (oh crap...f-32...chris is the right name isn't it? ack, i've been away so long) already did a SWEET one in israeli cammo....

maybe repost them mate? this would be a nice thread to do it on....i know i'd love to see them again.

trouble with the vg one that i want to do though is that its going to be a twin engine one and i dunno about the chin intake having enough air for two engines...although the lightning did well from a smallish nose for two very hungry avons...

ya know, ltv made some dame fine planes... :wub:

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

elmayerle

Quotetrouble with the vg one that i want to do though is that its going to be a twin engine one and i dunno about the chin intake having enough air for two engines...although the lightning did well from a smallish nose for two very hungry avons...
For the twin-engined layout, go looking for the twin-F404 version studied for the A-7F effort.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

Ollie, if this CF-8 is NOT in that awesome cool RCN grey/grey scheme, I'll be so disapointed I'll get Evil Wooksta to nuke Quebec.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Gary

Hey, what about taking the tail and making it a t-tail, pushing the sweep of the wing back and forming it into a raked delta and removing cemi-circular sections from the trailing edge so that it looks like a cape. Then you could have ...

wait for it...

A CAPED CRUSADER!!! :dum:  :dum:  :dum:

Of course, balck paint only.
Getting back into modeling

Scooterman

QuoteHey, what about taking the tail and making it a t-tail, pushing the sweep of the wing back and forming it into a raked delta and removing cemi-circular sections from the trailing edge so that it looks like a cape. Then you could have ...

wait for it...

Oh dude, that's bad.............. :o

Brad

Ollie

It will be point-defence RCAF, since RCN had no planes left when my Cruze will be around.

B)  

elmayerle

QuoteHey, what about taking the tail and making it a t-tail, pushing the sweep of the wing back and forming it into a raked delta and removing cemi-circular sections from the trailing edge so that it looks like a cape. Then you could have ...

wait for it...

Of course, balck paint only.
That idea's "batty"!   :wacko:  :wacko:  
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Chris707

QuoteJust the thought of a F-8 in Israeli desert colors gives me wood

Well, not to arouse Brad,  :lol: but:

Rationale was the USN bought the Super Crusader instead of the Phantom, so when the Israelis fell out with Dassault, they had to buy the F8U-3 instead of the F-4. When the Egypt-based MiG-25s showed up, they might have received a different reception ;-)

I actually thought about morphing this with the twin A-7 proposal, but couldn't locate my 3-view of that...

I've really got to put away the paint program and start turning some of these scribblings into plastic reality ;-)

Chris
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.dataviewbooks.com

Scooterman

QuoteJust the thought of a F-8 in Israeli desert colors gives me wood

Well, not to arouse Brad,  :lol: but:

TOO LATE!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Mmmmm........Super'sader.  Damn I wish that baby got into the fleet.  With all that fin area and the long venrtal stabs-just screams for the sunrise markings of VF-111.

BTW-who makes a kit of this beast in 1/72.  Didn't Maintrack at one time?

Brad

Geoff_B

Airnodel F-8 Crusader III

QuoteBTW-who makes a kit of this beast in 1/72. Didn't Maintrack at one time?

Hi Brad

Airmodel do a Vacform with resin details, as the maintrack one is no longer available.

Cheers

Geoff B

F-32

You're right Retro, I did an old Esci 1/72 in Israeli colours (must submit it as an article) but I'd love to see everyone else's take on the idea :P