CH-53 ASR Q

Started by Cobra, October 08, 2010, 12:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, I was @ my Local Hobby Shop, and Saw a CH-53 model for Sale, Would the CH-53 be Workable as an ASR(Air Sea Rescue) Helo? Thinking about getting it & Turning it into an ASR Bird. would it work? Thanks for looking.Dan

Maverick

G'day Dan,

I did two Canadian H-53s as SAR birds, one was a CCG machine whilst the other was CAF.  They're on my Photobucket page.

Regards,

Mav

RLBH

Quote from: Cobra on October 08, 2010, 12:39:20 AM
Hey Guys, I was @ my Local Hobby Shop, and Saw a CH-53 model for Sale, Would the CH-53 be Workable as an ASR(Air Sea Rescue) Helo? Thinking about getting it & Turning it into an ASR Bird. would it work? Thanks for looking.Dan
Not only would it work, but it's actually been used in the role.

The bulk carrier Yarrawonga started sinking 400 miles west of Ireland - beyond the range of the British Sea King rescue helicopters - in January 1989. Two MH-53J Super Jollys and an HC-130N tanker of the 21st and 67th Special Operations Squadrons flew out of RAF Woodbridge to lift off all 32 crew. Another HC-130N flew out of NAS Keflavik for weather reconnaissance, Nimrods of 42 Squadron out of RAF St Mawgan flew top cover, and the aircraft recovered to Shannon. Not a bad effort on the part of all concerned.

Link:
http://www.thepavecave.com/documents/21stSOS/21stSOS_yarrawonga_rescue.pdf

raafif

Quote from: Maverick on October 08, 2010, 01:02:36 AM
I did two Canadian H-53s as SAR birds, one was a CCG machine whilst the other was CAF.  They're on my Photobucket page.

Regards, Mav

What's the URL, please Maverick !!
I've just started a kit + found the decals.

Nice stuff in your bucket albums but a full look will have to wait untill I have broadband (next year).

cheers Raafif
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Maverick

Here you go Raafif.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/Maverick65au/

There's three albums all up.  One is for armour whilst the two aircraft ones are earlier & later stuff.

Regards,

Mav

anthonyp

I built up a D as a USCG aircraft, to replace the Pelican.

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man