And another thing....... Swann Morton blades.

Started by Bungle, October 05, 2010, 06:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Came across another little 'find' while clearing out some of my boxes. About ten years ago I bought some boxes of Swann Morton number 11 blades. Each box (still sealed) contains 20 foil sealed packets of 5 blades so 100 blades to a box. I reckon I'm on my second box now so unlikely to ever use up the remaining 6 boxes I have so what to do with them .....?

Amazon has these up for sale at £8.25 a box plus postage so I reckon half that £4 plus £1 for postage. Does a fiver for 1 box / 100 blades tickle anyones fancy ?

I suppose I'd better cover my backside and tell you that these blades are 'Non-Sterile' and should be used with the proper Swann Morton Scapel handle (not supplied). Also they are well out of 'use by date' (7 years) I think this refers to usage in the medical industry so no plastic surgery on the wife or self imposed gender re-alignment. Of course the standard trimming of Plastic and resin and the occasional slicing or stabbing of your thumb is compulsory.

6  4 3 5  2 boxes up for sale,  £4 a box plus postage (£1 in the UK, at cost anywhere else) If you want more than one box - I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. PM me - first come, first severed (sic)

Bungle
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bungle

Three boxes sold  (not all to Narses2)..... three to go.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Quote from: Bungle on October 05, 2010, 07:45:05 AM
Three boxes sold  (not all to Narses2)..... three to go.

Damn..... back to one sold and perhaps I should mention .... make sure your scalpel will take a number 11 blade i.e it's a  3, 3L, 3 Graduated, 5B, 7, 9, B3 or B3L Handle (info from the SW website).

5 boxes still for sale !

Bungle

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Bungle