Red Arrow with a difference?

Started by Nick, May 03, 2004, 03:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

nev

How bizarre  :wacko:

Not sure I like the idea of the Reds flying a 2nd rate Euro trainer  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Hmmm, I sense a disturbance in the Force....

-_-  

Mairfrog

I sense a foreign museum that couldn't get hold of a Hawk and was hoping no-one would notice.

Either that or the museum has seen a leaked EU draft regulation on national aerobatic teams. <_<  

retro_seventies

that's just wrong.

an abomination, in fact.
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Martin H

Hey look at it this way. Even a museam is doing the what if? thing.
At least it was a German built one, and NOT French..now that would realy be insulting.
But speaking as a true blue brit...who ever did that deserves to be shot.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

retro_seventies

yup, i gues you're right martin...

at least it wasn't a magister, eh?
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

Is the alphajet really a second-rate bird ?

I've always loved the look of them...especially in that cool German camo !

But that is pretty wierd........maybe somebody just plain  screwed up !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

QuoteIs the alphajet really a second-rate bird ?

Compared to the mighty Hawk, yes :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Martin H

The Alpha jet is a perfectly fine trainer and light strike so long as u dont want anything extra in terms of caperbility, the damn thing just wasnt developed to the same degree as the Hawk. Its a 70's design that has remaind static were as the hawk has been constantly in development to keep up with modern requirements
In some ways its a pity the French and Germans stopped when they did, it would have been interesting to see how they would have compeated with current gereration Hawks
Unfortunately,

Aircav

So why did we buy some to replace the Hawk at DERA or what ever they'er called these days
:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Martin H

Simple.  they were cheap and 2nd hand hawks are like rocking horse s...................
Unfortunately,

F-32

That was one sick puppy who decided to do that.

The Hawk rocks, just came back from a week in the lake district and a two ship Hawk formation would blast past the cottage we stayed in every morning at 10.30 on the dot at about 400 feet........................wouldn't leave until they did :D

Saw alot of Jaguar and Tucano action but no Harriers on Tornado's...........:angry:  

nev

Quoteno Harriers on Tornado's
I think a lot of them are in Canada for Maple Flag

F-32

what, both of them?

Damn, that means half our airforce is away ;)