S.H.A.D.O. Rapid Executive Transport.

Started by chrisonord, October 01, 2010, 10:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This aircraft was designed and built to meet very stringent requirements. Firstly, it should be able to carry 4 passengers in relative comfort, and have a crew of 2. Be of a compact and space saving design. Be capable of Mach 1+ dash speeds and very high subsonic cruising speeds.
The R.E.T, far excelled in all these requirements, and is also very agile as it has fighter aircraft manoeuvrability and a very high thrust to weight ratio. The aircraft is capable of non stop un-refuelled  transatlantic crossings at Mach 1. 45, with fuel to spare. The aircraft was need due to the ever increasing attacks on SHADO aircraft by UFO's, slower aircraft were sitting ducks for the UFO's so much faster better handing aircraft were needed. The aircraft is depicted in its pre delivery testing colour scheme, so as to blend in with other Executive aircraft where it is being built and tested. The aircraft when it goes into S.H.A.D.O service will be all over dark sea grey, with anti flash glass installed in all the windows as well as the canopy.
I will let you all guess what it is I have made this from as it had stuff from all parts of the bone yard built into it  ;D
Cheers,
Chris.

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

Looks like a Miles Student on steroids, nice work Chris! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thedarkmaster

Looks good mate, liking it a lot.........any of the bits i have sent in this beauty ?
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

chrisonord

Quote from: thedarkmaster on October 01, 2010, 01:17:12 PM

Looks good mate, liking it a lot.........any of the bits i have sent in this beauty ?
Nope  ;D
It has bits from all over the place, and in several scales too. Any more guesses??
Cheers,
Chris.

deathjester

Well, I don't know exactly what you built it from, but I like it!
  I especially like how it seems to lay gold coins, like some kind of mechanized golden goose - is this some sort of advanced SHADO decoy system, to distract those greedy aliens, and is this how you can afford giant Beriev kits.....??!!

chrisonord

LOL,
In a moment of ignorance whilst trying to keep the weight down during construction, the designers, didn't put enough nose weight in it, thus the designers were counter charged a weeks wages to hold the back end up when stationary :rolleyes:
I will however give you a bit of a clue as to where the fuselage came from Tim, I gave you some decals the other week and some of them are from this aircraft ;D
Cheers,
Chris.

thedarkmaster

Fueselage from a Viscount !!  well hidden mate.

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

chrisonord

thedarkmaster

Right then is it a NU Bee L-410 Turbolet by any chance ?

chrisonord

Quote from: thedarkmaster on October 01, 2010, 04:06:45 PM

Right then is it a NU Bee L-410 Turbolet by any chance ?
BUGGER!!
Yep you got it, it has been attacked with the razor saw and a file a fair bit, and copious amounts of putty.
The engine is a pod from a B-58, with a section cut out, the wings are modified 1/72nd scale tornado wings, the canopy, came in a bag of bits so don't know what that is off, the tail wings are styrene card, and the landing gear is the turbolet's. The tip tanks are also from said bag of bits.
I am going to repaint this sometime, as I don't like the scheme.
The Viscount will be getting a similar treatment also, as S.H.A.D.O need a bigger transport aircraft.
Cheers,
Chris.

Pablo1965

Brilliant Idea, If I were executive, sure I want one of them.
Great. :thumbsup:

MartG

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

McColm

BlackOps

Chris, this one is perfect, your revamped S.H.A.D.O. project is growing nicely.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.