RAL Colours

Started by Gondor, September 29, 2010, 04:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I am looking for a couple of RAL colours

RAL 2009 & RAL 6002

I would like to find them in a model friendly form, so household paint is out of the question.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Try this, Italian paint company's line of RAL spray enamel:
http://tinyurl.com/MACOTA-SPRAY

Also according to this color-matching DB there is no direct match for either in model paints:
http://scalemodeldb.com/paintcharts/ral

TsrJoe

in the UK. iv found my local 'Halfords' car accessory store will match and mix any BS. or RAL. colour reference in gloss acrylic and provide in a spray can, definately useful for 'obscure' colours
Most industrial paint companies, even at a local level provide a similar service, RAL. and BS. being 'standard's, iv had batches of old 'BS.381' (the current being 'BS.4660') colours made up just to see what they looked like, eg 'sky', PR. 'blue' and FD.2 'mauve'

might help?  cheers, joe

ps. if your're really stuck, let me know and i'll see what i can do
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Gondor

Thanks guys, I don't really want to mix the paint as the next time I try to make what I want it could end up different so the help in finding what I want is a great help.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Geoff

Some RAL colours are refed to RevD colours.

Gondor

Thanks to the IPMS decal bank I no longer need to get the correct colours and then mask what I will be painting.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Gondor