Northrop YF.17 Cobra

Started by TsrJoe, September 25, 2010, 03:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

just made a start on the Anigrand kit of the YF.17 Cobra, definately one for 'whiffing' into an F.17A methinks ...

one of the actual prototypes as well as the mockup appeared in various countries markings as part of a worldwide sales tour, eg, Netherlands, Canada, France, Sweden etc.
hmm, decisions decisions?

i recall seeing the original Revell 1/72 scale F.16 in its European boxing prior to the types delivery with a nice looking green and grey camouflaged dutch example on the box?

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

mockup with 'Dutch style' nose code ... actually the Northrop type designation P.530
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

MAD

Would be interesting to see 'What If' profiles of the Northrop F-17A/B Cobra in the colours and markings of many of the countries which the Cobra was promoted to as a true multi-role Light Weight Fighter.  :wub:
Many may say the F/A-18 is close enough - yet I beg to differ!! Size, weight, thrust-to-weight ratio and cost
Anyone up for the challenge??????? :bow:

P.S does anyone know which countries/air forces were promoted the YF-17/P530?

M.A.D

sotoolslinger

I have actually been wondering whether you could combine an F-5 E (1/48) and a 1/72 scale F-18 to get a sort of P-530?
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

alertken

MAD: http://joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f17.html

With F-5s Northrop had Saudi and Iran, and Norway+Netherlands of the F-104G consortium. W.Germany+Iran were the export focus for USAF's 1972 Lightweight Fighter program. (IIRC, Taiwan later).

MAD

Quote from: alertken on September 29, 2010, 04:02:33 AM
MAD: http://joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/f17.html

With F-5s Northrop had Saudi and Iran, and Norway+Netherlands of the F-104G consortium. W.Germany+Iran were the export focus for USAF's 1972 Lightweight Fighter program. (IIRC, Taiwan later).

Thank you my friend for your time and effort :cheers:

M.A.D

dy031101

Was it ever mocked-up with wingtip Sparrow carriage?
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here