Push-pull Tri-Mustang (Crazy Mustangs step 7)

Started by Tophe, September 24, 2010, 11:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Next one, still 1/72: a half P-82 (Monogram), a P-51B/C Malcolm Hood (Hasegawa) truncated for total vision, a P-51D (Matchbox) turned pusher canard, all together as a 3-fuselage twin-tail push-pull craft:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

The project, detailed, fuselage per fuselage. The problem is that the Malcolm Hood glassware is a square, not rounded, I will have to correct a little.

Tophe

So the pleasant truncation part is done, making imagination dream of the result... Then, a lot of hard work has to be operated before (maybe) a pleasant result at the end again...

Pablo1965

I was preparing a F-82 to do something similar to your pull and push.
It is a serendipity. Jajajajaja.
Thanks

Tophe

Puty is on as a start of hard work. I have glued the P-51C canopy as I will sand a link to the fuselage from it (painting canopies black allows me to do that, without letting untouched the clear parts)  -_-

Pablo1965

Quote from: Tophe on September 27, 2010, 09:30:32 AM
Puty is on as a start of hard work. I have glued the P-51C canopy as I will sand a link to the fuselage from it (painting canopies black allows me to do that, without letting untouched the clear parts)  -_-

Great, is a hard work. Now, I use Milliput Silver-Grey, is more easy to me.
I hope see the "Pull & Push" soon.

Tophe

Tophe

The two-fuselage very asymmetric push-pull intermediary state almost seduced me... I hesitated to finish it like that... But I must get rif of all the Mustangs I had, and this will be a triple-fuselage slightly symmetric, all right.

Tophe

The three elements are glued together, paint remains to be done.

Tophe

On the shelf, this model will not stand on a paint pot, so... I needed something and I thought of something crazy (for me): wheels! Well, no need of legs, just wheels glued under the fuselages - they don't need to rotate: a desk model does not roll nor fly ;)

Pablo1965

Hi Tophe... This kind of combination give me more ideas. Thank you. the model is great :cheers: and worrying :blink:make me think in another kind of works :thumbsup:

Tophe

Painting has started. Still blades and canopies. (I will let the "wheels" sky blue, as they have no rubber tyre at all, this is plastic in true life story)

sequoiaranger

This is an amazing undertaking, Tophe. I can't wait to see the final product.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Tophe

The blades are painted, bubble-ing the C port part has started, but I will not finish today.