Bf109 landing gear.

Started by Pablo1965, September 19, 2010, 01:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo1965

The history tell, in 1944,when the american tell to a german pilot just captured, they have a Willy Messeschmitt, the pilot smile and said give him a medal...
_ Why?
_because his desing of the Bf 109 landing gear brake down more Bf109 than the Mustang.
Certanly, Cajus Beker  isn't the most truthfull history tellers, but this have sense.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I think this is one posibility of change and the results idea is near to the Bf109H.
My idea is developement in this link:
http://www.fantasyplanes.com/2010/04/messerschmitt-bf109-e-un-emilio-mas.html
Please tell other suggest to this problem.

Taiidantomcat

Thats a smart fix Pablo! My idea was to go with something like the FW-190 but you may have found an even better, more simple solution.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Pablo1965

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on September 22, 2010, 10:28:35 PM
Thats a smart fix Pablo! My idea was to go with something like the FW-190 but you may have found an even better, more simple solution.

Your idea is a fantastic chance to work in something new. This is my plane:

I think is easy to understand and a posible solution.

The Wooksta!

Yes, but Messerschmitt was obsessed with saving weight and taking shortcuts wherever possible.  The Me 210 design was shortened on his orders and consequently flew very badly.  It wasn't until the rear fuselage was lengthened that the problems started to come under control.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 23, 2010, 06:58:46 AM
Yes, but Messerschmitt was obsessed with saving weight and taking shortcuts wherever possible.<...>

In that case, see the original 109 as the the shortcut and this here as the remedied version. ;)
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Wooksta!

Except Messerschmitt would never accept it when he was wrong.  There's a tale that he was at an Airbus design conference and repeatedly stated that the wing only needed four bolts to hold it in place, despite evidence from the other engineers to say that it did need them.  Let's not forget that this was a civil airliner here either!.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pablo1965

Thanks to everybody for your correct opinion.
the photos of the kit came from http://www.fantasyplanes.com/2010/04/messerschmitt-bf109-e-un-emilio-mas.html
I must say that Bf109H have a similar solution but arrived too late.

dumaniac

Yes  - I did the 48 scale conversion of the 109 H some years ago and the wider undercart looks good - same configuration with the outward folding mechanism - if ever I can work out how to post an article, I'll send some pics.  the 72 scale He219 wings were a perfect fit as the inner wing roots for the 48 scale H conversion

cheers dumaniac

Pablo1965

Quote from: dumaniac on October 18, 2010, 02:06:53 AM
Yes  - I did the 48 scale conversion of the 109 H some years ago and the wider undercart looks good - same configuration with the outward folding mechanism - if ever I can work out how to post an article, I'll send some pics.  the 72 scale He219 wings were a perfect fit as the inner wing roots for the 48 scale H conversion

cheers dumaniac

I hope see it soon. :thumbsup: