Jackal Island Submarine!

Started by Alvis 3.14159, September 18, 2010, 10:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvis 3.14159

Recent intelligence files released to the public have revealed that Jackal Island* is in the possession of nuclear attack submarines. These appear to be fast, silent and efficient killers. The class of submarine is known as "Skipjackal" after the first one launched, and the follow on ships are known as "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" "Skip to my Lou", and "Harvey Jaeckel"

The "Skipjackal" was build using various scales of Me-262s and the sail from the Revell Germany USS SKipjack" (ex Aurora). The main hull was made from a Hasegawa Me-262, with the tailplanes coming from the Monogram 1/48th scale "Schwalbe" amd a Matchbox Me-262 donating the pectoral fins. The screw came from an old Renwal USS Andrew Jackson. The paint scheme was based on actual Me-262 schemes and Tiger Sharks, and decals came from my spares bin.

*Jackal Island is the home of "the Jackal Squadron", a happy group of JMNs I had the pleasure of meeting many years ago in the great ARC Flame Wars. They were, and still are, an inspiration for my sarcastic and biting wit.

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for Giving me a Good Laugh Tonite :cheers: Great Model,Alvis! :cheers:Dan

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tanktastic43

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Orne M

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weasel

buzzbomb

JoeP

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

sequoiaranger

Well done! It almost cries out for a sharkmouth!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

anthonyp

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man