Battle of Britain movie: If Germany had won the war...

Started by Alvis 3.14159, September 16, 2010, 07:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvis 3.14159

Yes, I know it was BoB day yesterday, but no offence is meant by this.

Imagine, if we can, that Germany won WWII. It most likely would have happened early on, if they had overrun the UK in the Battle of Britain. So, assuming that horrific event happened...fast forward to the 1960s. Germany, now a world Super Power, would look  back at WWII with fondness, and want to make some movies to remember their victory. Sadly, there are no Spitfires left to play the roles, so they go to their good friend Spain and obtain some Heinkel 112s, and after a bit of paint...viola!

A well received film (Although the portrayal of the RAF Commanders was criticised as "cartoonish"), most people never noticed the "Spitfires" all had Daimler Benz engines...most that is except 12 year old boys, that is.

Alvis Pi

Alvis 3.14159

This is the 1/48th Classic Airframes He-112, with decals from the Revell/Monogram 1/48 Spitfire.  And yes, I felt wrong putting BAder's markings on that plane, but I figured they'd do one up as their major nemesis....

Alvis Pi

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

PR19_Kit

It's a good thing Douglas Bader isn't still alive, he'd have had your legs off for even suggesting that!  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pablo1965

Perhaps this model had been a probe  the superiority of the Heinkel desing over the Messerschmitt, in hands of the british pilot,
But  they donĀ“t need that... they have the Spitfire. By the other hand this kit is superb, good finished and beautiful concept.

Weaver

Ha! An excellent notion! That's a whole new spin on the "Mitchell copied Heinkel" debate! ;D :thumbsup:

You might find this interesting: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,28131.0.html (Somewhat related idea of mine for the SSGB)

There's a debate somewhere on here about whiff movie planes that I'd like to link you to, but I can't find it at the moment.... :unsure: Anybody?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: Weaver on September 17, 2010, 04:41:03 AM
Ha! An excellent notion! That's a whole new spin on the "Mitchell copied Heinkel" debate! ;D :thumbsup:

You might find this interesting: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,28131.0.html (Somewhat related idea of mine for the SSGB)

There's a debate somewhere on here about whiff movie planes that I'd like to link you to, but I can't find it at the moment.... :unsure: Anybody?

Oh, that IS good. I especially like the Nazi rhetoric filled backstory. RAF 46 indeed!

Alvis Pi

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Geoff

Tophe

Coming here again, I feel inspired (for Mustang equivalents). Double thanks! :thumbsup:

tigercat

I can see FW 190 in silver paint pretending to be P47 Thunderbolt in the German version of the battle of the bulge

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on September 18, 2010, 12:40:05 AM
Coming here again, I feel inspired (for Mustang equivalents). Double thanks! :thumbsup:
I have drawn them, yeah!
in my CGI topic http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,4461.585.html :
Quote from: Tophe on September 18, 2010, 01:11:07 AM
So... if P-51B had to play the role of P-51D or opposite... that would require faking... which is enriching the family, thanks Alvis, yes! :thumbsup:

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.