Spitfires over Pearl Harbor

Started by Alvis 3.14159, September 16, 2010, 07:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvis 3.14159

Realising the obvious superiority of the Supermarine Spitfire, Hap Arnold persuades Northrop and Congress to build the Spitfire under licence. Several are in place in the Hawaiian Islands that fateful day of December 7, 1941, and this particualr one was flown to make many kills on that one day.

Alvis pi

Alvis 3.14159

This model came about from using the Spitfire decals on my He-113, and the P-40 decals were left over from the Batplane build.

Alvis Pi

Cobra

Sweet Job,Alvis :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ever play the Videogame 'Heroes of the Pacific'? there was a Seafire in that Game,i Flew it Defending Pearl Harbor! Stay Cool :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:Dan

beowulf

nice

surprising just how 'right' that looks  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Pablo1965

My brain beguin to jump into my head. Good paint work & finished.
I know is a time correct posibility but probably in this case, the Spitfire must by manufacturer in USA.

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: Pablo1965 on September 17, 2010, 03:22:19 AM
I know is a time correct posibility but probably in this case, the Spitfire must by manufacturer in USA.

Yes, I figured Northrop would be the most likely company to build Spitfires. They didn't have a major fighter contract, and all the other major companies were busy with Wildcats and hellcats and P-38s and P-47s. Maybe North American would be another such company, if they decided to build Spitfires instead of their own design, the Mustang...

Alvis Pi

Pablo1965

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on September 17, 2010, 07:59:28 AM
Quote from: Pablo1965 on September 17, 2010, 03:22:19 AM

Yes, I figured Northrop would be the most likely company to build Spitfires. They didn't have a major fighter contract, and all the other major companies were busy with Wildcats and hellcats and P-38s and P-47s. Maybe North American would be another such company, if they decided to build Spitfires instead of their own design, the Mustang...

Alvis Pi

I am completely agree with your idea over manufacturers.

It is a posibility to make me dream with an absolutely japan mistake.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat

Proof that the Spit looks good in any scheme! In a relatively simple OD scheme she looks subtly beautiful  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

McColm

Alvis 3.14159

jorel62

McColm

sequoiaranger

>This model came about from using the Spitfire decals on my He-113...<

Any photos of THAT?? I am a He-100/113 buff, if you had not already guessed that, from my own build:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26949.0.html

Cheers!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!