Harrier GR3.....'Save the hamsters!!!'

Started by beowulf, September 09, 2010, 09:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

So this one is just for laughs............it wasn't meant to be finished!......just thrown together so not my usual standard of work

Kit is an ancient Airfix Harrier GR3.......quality was a bit rough so i only built it to use as a test mule for trying some ideas for camo patterns..........first 2 were stripy ones that didn't work then i did this spotty one that sort of appealed in a strange way so i decided to finish it off with a make believe scheme......the kit was poor to say the least......wing uppers and lowers were not even the same shape, let alone size!........canopy didn't fit properly, short shot meant most of the load out was unusable and was filed in the bin and replaced with some BL755's from the spares box.

I play the online 'game' at www nationstates net like i know a lot of people here do, but i just play it for laughs, i always pick the funniest option available just to see how it will play out

The current description for my country is pretty much this....

The Republic of Kikuchiyu is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Wibble with an iron fist, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.658 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kikuchiyu City. The average income tax rate is 19%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Gambling.

Parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, families are only permitted to have one child, government-run brothels can be found on every street corner, and it's a common sight to see angry commuters with grenade launchers mounted on their vehicles. The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, a government program is underway to revitalize Kikuchiyu's beaches, criminals are thrown to the hamsters to repay their debt to society. Bicyclists are banned from major roads, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, the state pays for care of easily preventable illnesses, and school uniforms are compulsory.

Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, and heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kikuchiyu's national animal is the hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the quid.

Kikuchiyu is ranked 23rd in the region and 10,056th in the world for Largest Gambling Industries.

The back story......

The hamster is revered in Kikuchiyu and flourishes in most parts of the country. However in the remote area of Northern Kikuchiyu it is another story. The neibouring nation of Bigtopia view the hamster as somewhat of a delicacy and is very popular in its restaurants and fast food chains. So popular that Bigtopia own stocks of hamsters are almost gone. This has led to large scale poaching parties crossing the border and large colonies of wild hamsters taken.

So bad has the situation become that the World Wildlife Fund has donated $50 million to set up a hamster breeding programme to help reintroduce them to areas that have been affected.

However the Kikuchian Government see the problem differently. It would be better to discourage the Bigtopian raiding parties in the first place from crossing the border and decide to use the $50 million to acquire some useful equipment. The main problem is the terrain of Northern Kikuchiyu is extremely hilly rain forest with very limited access for convential fixed wing aircraft so they go looking for some helicopters. Unfortunately in today's market $50 mill doesn't buy much.

The British Government steps in with a proposal for a 'Trade Agreement'.

4 rather elderly Harrier GR3 have been lingering at the back of a hanger at RAF Cottesmore..........used for training techies for years they are now no longer wanted.

The proposal is that the 4 Harriers are refurbed for use, flown and maintained by RAF personnel ........the Kikuchian Armed Forces providing airfield security in the Northern Territory after cutting out suitable forward operating bases in the jungle. This gives the RAF a cheap way of giving its crew valuable training in an unusual environment.

In return the Kikuchiyan Government agrees to a 10 year exclusive contract for the British Government to have sole exports from Kikuchiyu's cottage cheese mines and the highly desirable and profitable Scotch mist farms in the south of the country

The $50 mill?................that ended up in the President 'retirement fund'.........im saving up for a new yacht  ;D

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

dwomby

Darn - it actually looks pretty good in that camo!

D.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

bacofoil