ZELL Mirage III "The New Maginot Line"- finished

Started by sandiego89, September 06, 2010, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

I'm in, Mirage III. "The New Maginot Line"

1/72

Do I get extra credit for the cheapest and most beat up starting kit ($3.00 US on the bargin table!)

Point defense fighter stationed along Eastern France.  Hint: yes the NIKE HERCULES launcher will play a major part.  
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

PR19_Kit

A ZELL Mirage?

LOVE it, just got to be done......  ;D :lol: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Geoff

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sandiego89

Yes you are correct.  A ZELL (zero length launch) Mirage!  Just opened the launcher and engraved on the main frame is Revell 1958.  Looks great from a 50 year old mold!   
Dave "Sandiego89"

sandiego89

Work has begun. Mirage III on a ZELL launcher. Quite pleased with the scale match on this, the 1/40 scale NIKE launcher scale-o-rama's quite nicely to the 1/72 Mirage. Seems about right.  The Nike kit is very good, with good detail and quality. the Mirage kit is quite basic, only about 10 minutes to get wings and fuselage to this point
Dave "Sandiego89"

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sandiego89

Launcher assembled.  Scratch access ladders and servicing stands coming together.  Scrap styrene for booster placement only, have not begun booster yet. 
Dave "Sandiego89"

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

sandiego89

Booster on.  Scratch sled from styrene.  Booster rockets are cut down Nike Boosters.  Sled still needs some bracing, recovery parachute and booster needs nozzles.  "In thrust we trust!"
Dave "Sandiego89"

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?