Main Menu

Hardcorps Tornado

Started by Weaver, September 05, 2010, 01:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Now then me 'earties, oi be doin' a plane (in a manner o'speakin', oi s'pose) based on this 'ere carrrhtoon strip sorta thang:

They be pirates o'the dessert, ya see, called the 'ardcorps 'an led by a wench o'the name o' "Dawn Pharoh" (or so she says) who's pritty enough ta' look at but dangerous as a shark, ye mark moi words. They be deserters an' mercenrees from the "Resource Wars" o' the twenty-first centuree oo've got 'emselves an' oil well in tha middle o'Araby an' a pile of ol' warplanes. Ev'n they caan't spare enough o' the black gold to be flyin' them though, so they's pruned th' wings off and turned 'em into the baddest sand-buggies the likes o' yoos ev'r seen.

Mine'll not be one o'the ones in the picture: it'll be a Tornado in th' stripey colours o'that thar Lightn'ing, wi' big wheels an' a fifty calaybre machine-gun on a ring above tha' back seat.

Oh aye, and that thar carytoon be called "Tempus Fugitive" and be drawn by a land-lubbin' Canuck by the name o' Ken Steacy. Arrrrrghhhhh
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

GTX

Arr, it be sound'n fine!!!!

Captain Greg, The Beardless One
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weaver

'ere be a pikture:

It were 'ard enough ta make them tanks'n'pods stay wi'Bloo Tack so thar be no way oim tryin' ta'mock up th'undercarriage. Lookin' at that, Oi've a mind that tha tanks an' rockety pods be too far out an' too low, so's Oi might move 'em in under tha wing gloves: there be no undercarriage doors fer 'em ta foul 'cos they've bin taken off 'cos it don' fly, see?

Trouble now's that Oi'm waitin' to be sent a nosewheel bay (what be missin' from this 'ere salvage kit) so's Oi can't be putting the fuseylage together 'til it comes. Iffit don' come soon, Oi'll be makin' one fer meself an' keelhaulin' tha postie, which be a serious bizness when you does it on an 'ouse......

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones '

buzzbomb

Ohhhh.. that is sweet looking already :thumbsup:

Modelling_Mushi

Ahrr, a foine lookin' land ship she be Master Weaver sir an' a fearsome set 'o weap'ns ta boot. An from a land lubber Canuck ye say, aye methinks tis not the only good thing ter come from th' strats. I looks forwerd to seein' yon striped and wheeled vessel finished I do  :thumbsup:
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Weaver

Well Oi got me nosewheel bay (bottle'o'rum ter the Darkmaster thar!  :thumbsup:) and after many a battle Oi've got the fuseylarge together last night, but by Neptune's beard, Oi swear that Oi wouldn't use this 'ere Italianeri Tornado kit again if I were makin' a model o' a pile 'o' broken bits! Fits where it touches an' if they were shipwrights they'd a drowned by now.... Arrrrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

- Indiana Jones '

Weaver

Arrrrgh, 'tis not lookin' good me hearties! Oi finally got t'modelling bench t'night ter find that the accursed fuseylarge hadn't dried straight an' there were about a pound o'plastic ter remove ter make it look right. Even tha radome panel line don't martch up from top ter bottom, so tharts MORE work ter be done an' less time ter do it in. Right now it's back in clamps tryin' ter get it's scurvey intakes ter fit, for Oi swear tha backstabbin' lowdown locatin' lugs were too long AN' too wide AN' too deep, so no more ter be done fer now 'til it's dry an' all.

Oim thinkin' it moight be done fer Christymas at this rate...... :banghead:

- Indiana Jones '

Taiidantomcat

still awesome! Stick with it, Matey
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

Oim much obliged to yer fer th'encouragement matey - 'tis much needed hereabouts!

After postin' last Oi worked inter the dead o'night on it an' it's lookin' a mite better now. Another 'alf pound o'plastic off o'th'intakes has 'em lookin' halfways ship-shape now, the fillin' went rightways (thank Neptune fer 'is mercies, however thin they be) an' me cunnin' plan ter cover them 'orrible seams wi' himprovised armour plates has worked right well. After last bells tonight Oi might be bearin' ta take a piciture wi' me eye open......

- Indiana Jones '

Weaver

Arghhhhh! Priddy picitures....Arghhhhhh!

- Indiana Jones '

Taiidantomcat

That additional armor looks great  :thumbsup:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

saintkatanalegacy

:tank:armuhr? :blink:

*cough* yarr!
Ivylicious!™

Weaver

Well, it's in paint, but I seriously doubt it'll be finished on time now: too many paint/drying cycles needed and not enough time slots. Lost half this "evening's" build time (posting at 4am... :blink:) to my Mum having problems with a head-wound that started bleeding again.....

- Indiana Jones '

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Weaver on September 16, 2010, 08:01:33 PM
Well, it's in paint, but I seriously doubt it'll be finished on time now: too many paint/drying cycles needed and not enough time slots. Lost half this "evening's" build time (posting at 4am... :blink:) to my Mum having problems with a head-wound that started bleeding again.....

Dude! I hope she is alright

Weaver

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on September 17, 2010, 07:39:33 AM
Quote from: Weaver on September 16, 2010, 08:01:33 PM

Dude! I hope she is alright

Cheers. Nothing to worry about, in fact we think the doc's nailed the reason why she fell and cut her head in the first place. Just needed a lot of time and attention last night because she's on Warfarin, so when she starts bleeding, it doesn't stop quickly.

- Indiana Jones '