PZL V/ASP-667 Revell

Started by wacek85, September 03, 2010, 04:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

Hello in my first WIP here !

CLONE WARS ARC-170 fighter by Revell will be a victim of my twisted imagination  :wacko:
I'm going to change it a bit but not very much. The planned result is model of newest polish flying machine :
PZL V/ASP-667
PZL (Polish Aviation Works) V/ASP (Vacuum/Atmospheric Superiority Fighter)

I bought this model today. I must say that it is quite nice exept crew and cocpit glass (I don't like it's shape,I don't know why , for me it's ugly  -_- ). Cockpit is weak but I'll add some details there. Engines are quite nice. It's a pity that landing gear is not here. I'll try to scratchbuild it. I'll also change my model from threeseater to singleseater. The vertical stabilizers are must. Maybe I'll add some fuel tanks. I'll install main guns closer to the fuselage. Now the photos of my victim  :wacko:

Cockpit with instrument panel.Still to be detailed...

New "spine" of fuselage.

Windscreen. Not a perfect fit but not a problem  -_-

So...I think it will be a nice project. Anyway may I ask you a favour? Could you help me to find a good NATO code for this one? My first thought was WASP or better FIREFLY but I'm looking for something stronger  -_-  

ChernayaAkula

Since you named it V/ASP (Vacuum/Atmospheric Superiority Fighter), I think "Wasp" would be a very fitting name.  :thumbsup: Tailor-made, in fact!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Cliffy B

Me likey a lot!  Can't wait to see more  :wub:  I'd go with Wasp as well.  It has a nice ring to it.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

wacek85

So...the "WASP"  -_- Today I found rest of Tornado Tiger decals. I'll paint rear part of fuselage yellow and then I'll put tiger stripes :) so not only TIGERMEET member but also looking like a real WASP :)

Weaver

Looks promising... :thumbsup:

By NATO code, do you mean an ASCC reporting name? If so, then that begs the question of whether they'd include it in the F-for-fighter category or invent a whole new one for a Vacumm/Aerospace fighter.

If they treated it as "just another fighter" then it would begin with F and have two sylables (because it's a jet), like "Fulcrum" or "Flanker". They also try to avoid names that are too "sexy", although sometimes, simply being applied to a WP jet makes a word sexy where it wasn't before, "Foxbat" being the obvious example.

Since it's Star Wars based, how about "Forcer"?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Arc3371

Or fragger if they are mean  ;D

Looking sexxi anyhow

wacek85

Quote from: Weaver on September 04, 2010, 10:45:39 AM
Looks promising... :thumbsup:

By NATO code, do you mean an ASCC reporting name? If so, then that begs the question of whether they'd include it in the F-for-fighter category or invent a whole new one for a Vacumm/Aerospace fighter.
If they treated it as "just another fighter" then it would begin with F and have two sylables (because it's a jet), like "Fulcrum" or "Flanker". They also try to avoid names that are too "sexy", although sometimes, simply being applied to a WP jet makes a word sexy where it wasn't before, "Foxbat" being the obvious example.

Since it's Star Wars based, how about "Forcer"?

I didn't know that there is such mechanism for giving NATO codes. Thank you for your description   -_- So...let me think... I presume that a vacuum fighter will be in new category because of new avionics,engines,armanent and other equipment. A vacuum/atmospheric fighter will be in the same category as vacuum one (f.ex. there is no category for "fighter/bomber. Fighter/bomber is still in the "F").So let me call the new category "V" (vacuum). In this case contraction "ASP" (atmospheric) will have the same sense as "Fighter/Attacker" (f.ex. F/A-18 ). So we have V/ASP :) Please tell me if my reasoning is totally wrong   -_-

So now...I must tell you that I found only one two-sylabic name beginning with "V"-VANDAL   but my english is not perfect. If anyone have another idea let me know  ;D

wacek85

HI!

Next day of surgery  -_- Landing skids were cut out. Now the gear struts are installed:

Front skid is ready:

Weaver

V for Vacuum seems reasonable: avoids any complicated discussion of orbital/suborbital etc...

Remember that you can often make a single sylable word into a two sylable one with a suffix, for instance the verb "flog" becomes the noun "flogger" and is therefore useable for the MiG-23.

Some suggestions:

Valet
Vampire (The de Havilland fighter of the same name being long out of service)
Venom (ditto)
Vaulter
Velvet
Vendor
Ventor
Vesper
Vexer
Voodoo (The F-101 is long gone too)
Vulture

I think Vandal is pretty good though: it doesn't glamorise it (Vandals arn't nice people) but it isn't a cheap insult either.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

GTX

Also add in there Vixen!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

Great to see a master at work!  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

wacek85

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on September 15, 2010, 06:34:33 PM
Great to see a master at work!  :thumbsup:

Master? ME ? Thank you very much but I'm not master. I'm not even advanced. I'm somewhere in low middle class :D I'm just building models my way without crazy actions (a crazy action=when aftermarket sets costs you a three or four times more than a model , I'm just not using any aftermarket sets (maybe decals only) ).

I have a break from the V/ASP-667 because I need to finish 1:48 PZL-230 Scorpion and I have to finish it ASAP...

wacek85

Hi!

After finishing Scorpion I'm back to my spacefighter :) A few things changed from last update like bigger engines, new arrange of cannons, verticals etc. But photos will be better than words :)

anthonyp

I'm liking where this is going  :thumbsup:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Weaver

Quote from: anthonyp on November 16, 2010, 06:46:49 PM
I'm liking where this is going  :thumbsup:

Me too! :thumbsup:

You could perhaps claim that the engines and guns share a common sci-fi mechanism, so the same core device produces thrust out of the back or beams out of the front... Just a thought.

- Indiana Jones