Me-110 (Bar Shot) of the Independent Duchy of Gaaarr - Finished ye lubbers

Started by buzzbomb, September 01, 2010, 03:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

During the pell mell of the end of the Second World War, a number of ex Luftwaffe Aircraft from the south of France were "liberated" and onsold to grateful (or not so grateful) clients.

One of these, an ME-110 fell into the hands of the self styled Independant Duchy of Gaaarr, who then promptly put it to use as to cover for their fleet of pirate vessels operating off the Central African Coast, picking off small trading craft. Romantically, all the craft displayed the Jolly Roger, much favoured, ironically, by the leader Generallissmo Sven Porta, a deserter from the Foreign Legion. Sure enough this little enterprise was soon shut down by larger powers. Or was it.........?

Dug out an old ME-110 from the stash.. lets see what I can do with it.

More to follow.

ChernayaAkula

Needs "Schräge Musik"! Not upwards-firing, but (for that whiffy, piraty twist) side-firing!  :wacko: It ain't a pirate craft if it can't fire off a broadside!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

buzzbomb

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 01, 2010, 09:30:04 AM
Needs "Schräge Musik"! Not upwards-firing, but (for that whiffy, piraty twist) side-firing!  :wacko: It ain't a pirate craft if it can't fire off a broadside!

thinking through this last night I had similar thoughts.. although on slightly different lines.

What I propose is a weapons crossgrade. Given German 20mm and 7.92 ammo may be in short supply a different weapons load will be used.. bwahahahaha.. more on that to follow.
As much as the thought of broadsides tickles me that is not the tack I will be taking. Yet.

However progress has been made.. the propellers are off and the wheels back on :o

philp

Arrr, be that the Frog model?  I ave one of them there finished in my stash also.  May 'af to dig er out.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

Arr, it be sound'n fine!!!!

Captain Greg, The Beardless One
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

buzzbomb

Quote from: philp on September 02, 2010, 12:58:27 PM
Arrr, be that the Frog model?  I ave one of them there finished in my stash also.  May 'af to dig er out.

The black spot to ye... it is the Italieri Night fighter jobby.

Avast and trim the top gallant ye swabs.. run out the plank t' deliver up !
This'n be where we be at the current tide

Get the lubbers legs back.. to replace the peg it was on and a drappie of grey all over.
Gettin' the beasty ready to receiver boarders.... err transfers. Be makin' me own Snarlin' Skull n Bones.. ye be seen them next turn o' the tides hence.

Gaaarr !

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

buzzbomb

Avast there ye swabbers

Lay some eyes on the might of the Duchy of Gaaarr

Firstum the homemade Skull n bones decals.. not sure which was to be the keeper of the black spot for me fleet..arrrrr !

Once the Cap'n made his choice we swabbed the decks, run out the guns and got down with the heelstones and finished the Pirate bird

Fitted she is with a .50 cal as plentiful they are and with hurt if needed

The top of the beasty

Now, we are not wanting to be destroying our prizes.. no profit in that, so the Gaaarr birds carry local made drum bombs filled with a foul stench to
render the lubbers on the prize helpless

Now fear ye.. the might of Gaaarr!  Avast and Heave to ye lubbers

GTX

Quote from: buzzbomb on September 10, 2010, 10:13:27 PM
Firstum the homemade Skull n bones decals.. not sure which was to be the keeper of the black spot for me fleet..arrrrr !

Arr, I be hav'n some o' those decals if ye don' mind...

Captain Greg, The Beardless One
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.