Pyro's French flyers

Started by pyro-manic, August 30, 2010, 12:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Ok, I have three builds on the go for France so far:

Vultee Vengeance dive bomber in service in Indo-China. (Special Hobby kit)
F-86F Sabre - in Suez stripes in place of the Thunderjet. (Hobby Boss kit)
F-16 Fighting Falcon - the Mirage F1 fails (prototype crashes, killing some important government and industry figures). (Italeri kit)

Pictures up soon if I can.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

oliv30330

Quote from: pyro-manic on August 30, 2010, 12:20:34 PM

F-16 Fighting Falcon - the Mirage F1 fails (prototype crashes, killing some important government and industry figures). (Italeri kit)

F-86F Sabre - in Suez stripes in place of the Thunderjet. (Hobby Boss kit) : GOOD  :thumbsup:
F-16 Fighting Falcon - the Mirage F1 fails (prototype crashes, killing some important government and industry figures). (Italeri kit) : IMPOSSIBLE  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slerski

Quote from: oliv30330 on August 31, 2010, 12:40:51 AM
Quote from: pyro-manic on August 30, 2010, 12:20:34 PM

F-86F Sabre - in Suez stripes in place of the Thunderjet. (Hobby Boss kit) : GOOD  :thumbsup:
F-16 Fighting Falcon - the Mirage F1 fails (prototype crashes, killing some important government and industry figures). (Italeri kit) : IMPOSSIBLE  :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMPOSSIBLE is not french  ;D
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

pyro-manic

Yes, it's unlikely. No, I don't care. ;D The Viper will look good in Froggy camouflage, so that's what it's getting. :cheers: Probably a pair of AS-30s from the new Airfix Cranberry as well as some R550s from the Academy F-8 Crusader as armament.

Pics of the basic builds attached.

Slerski

Quote from: pyro-manic on August 31, 2010, 12:54:31 PM
The Viper will look good in Froggy camouflage, so that's what it's getting.

Which camo ? Défense Aérienne (M2K like), MF1 old style (blue with alu underside), Tactical scheme (green-grey, wraparound or not) or... Vanilla-Chocolate  :wub: ?

pyro-manic

It'll be a mud-mover, with the AS-30s, so a tactical scheme. I'm not sure whether to do a grey/green, sand/brown or even the current dark grey.

Taiidantomcat

The probe on the viper really adds to it  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Very good ideas, all of them. Especially looking forward to the Vultee. How's your progress going, Pyro ??

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

pyro-manic

Getting there! Sabre's pretty much done, but the other two are still in primer.

pyro-manic

OK, finally got some photos of these. First up, the F-86F Sabre, 1950s. Painted with Citadel acrylics, markings from the kit and from a Heller F-84G and Revell P-47D.

pyro-manic

Next up, the Vultee Vengeance, in service in Indo-China against the Japanese (hence the special red-free SEA roundels, to avoid being shot down by trigger-happy fighter pilots! ;D ). Special Hobby kit (rather nice!), painted with Citadel and Tamiya paints, and decals from the kit and from a kind donation by NARSES.  :cheers: The canopy is atrociously painted, so I shall be re-doing it at some point, and I think it could do with being beaten up a bit - too clean for the jungle!

pyro-manic

Last, but not least, the F-16 on deployment to Africa. Boring old grey it is not! ;D Italeri Night Falcon kit, with wingtip AAMs from an Academy F-8, and the AS-30s from the Airfix Cranberry B(I).8. The AAMs are ok, if a bit plain, but the AS-30s are pretty poor. Painted with Citadel, Tamiya and Xtracrylix paints, decals from the kit and a Heller Mirage F1.CR.

GTX

I take it that the French inspired the Royal Moroccan Air Force when they chose the scheme for their new F-16s:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Slerski

The three builds are beautiful, but my favorite is the F-86 Sabre (but Tonton Marcel probably didn't like a such plane xD) :thumbsup:

pyro-manic

Greg: You may be onto something there! :blink:

Slerski: Thanks! I think it's my favourite too. So much prettier than the Thunderjet. :)