Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-10 is Finished thread!

Started by matrixone, August 30, 2010, 09:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here it is at long last, my 1/32 scale Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-10 kit bashed from the Hasegawa Fw 190 kit.
Paints used were Model Master enamels and Alclad II (for the BMF on the bottom of the wings), markings are mostly from Eagle Cals but the green/white checker on the fuselage was painted on. The markings on this model are for III./ KG(J) 27, a fighter unit formed from disbanded bomber pilots late in the war.

I might post more pics of this model later.

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

Enough with the photoshop jobs show us the model already! Wait?! Wow!!!  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Draken35

matrixone

Thank you Taiidantomcat and Draken35!

Another pic of the A-10...

Matrixone

philp

Another great build.  Good to see it finally finished.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

dumaniac

Gondor

Wonderful work, give it five years or so and I may have managed to build a 1/72 version.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Eddie M.

Absolutely wonderous work and presentation. I'd expect nothing less. Bravo!!
Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

It really is gorgeous, :wub: Love that front pic.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Top-notch work!  :bow: :thumbsup: And brilliant photography!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

That 4th photo down is just awesome  :bow: :bow: Could be straight out of a book of long lost, newly discovered photographs from the time. Wouldn't be suprised if in 10 years time it ended up in a book as a "real aircraft"  :thumbsup: :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

matrixone

Many thanks to all who responded! :cheers:

NARSES2,
I also like pic #4, its easy to age a b/w image but getting a color image to look like a 1940's era color photograph has eluded me until now, expect to see more of my pics 'aged' this way.

This model shows my preference for the style of what-ifs I like to do...its a what-if but just barely!

When my U.S. Army staff model is finished I will get more pics of the A-10, I had planned from the start to make some of the pics of the A-10 look like it was captured at its base in Wels Austria, my jeep and the Army staff car are needed to create this scene.

Matrixone

Slerski

« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »