Raiders of the Reich

Started by matrixone, August 29, 2010, 05:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Below is a pic of a couple of U.S. troops that stumbled upon some interesting war booty. :rolleyes: They can't quite figure out what it is they just captured.

This is just the start of some of the fun I have planned for the jeep I built and the U.S. Army staff car I am building right now.

Matrixone

philp

That is just awesome.

Kinda got a similar idea but need to find an US Army truck and trailer in 72nd (thought of the Dragon Wagon but don't think they would have been driving around New Mexico in 1947.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Tophe

I understand your characters being puzzled... :unsure: :lol: :blink: ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks philp, Tophe, and NARSES2!

When my U.S. Army staff car is finished I will dig out some of my other Luft'46 stuff and get more of these 'war booty' type of pics. The staff car might be finished later today.

One thing that I really need to do is clean off my work table...its a big mess and is starting to look like something you see on one of those ''Hoarders'' shows you see on TV so my model building will stop for a short time.

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

I like it! Its amazing how just a couple of figures can convey so much  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Draken35

Very nice idea, and splendid work!

matrixone

jcf

Quote from: philp on August 29, 2010, 07:37:39 PM
Kinda got a similar idea but need to find an US Army truck and trailer in 72nd (thought of the Dragon Wagon but don't think they would have been driving around New Mexico in 1947.

Mmm, why not? The US Army used the Dragon-Wagon into the 50s.

dragon

I was thinking of doing something similar in 1/35th (due to the figures available) scale with several "Men in Black" and a figure in a suit shaking hands with an alien figure in front of some vehicle with the Presidential seal upon it.  I was going to call it "Paranoia".
:cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

lancer

Oh yes!!! that one is priceless!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

Thanks lancer,
Expect to see a few more pics of this ''Raiders of the Reich'' theme, my new U.S. Army staff car will be featured in some of them.

Matrixone