Hawker Siddley HS-1200-6

Started by Martin H, April 27, 2004, 03:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

A gentle bit of kit bashing here.
the british clone of the F-16. or should that read the project cloned by the yanks to get the F-16?

take one Italeri F-16, a few spare bits (froma trashed Revell F-16) a few bits of plastic card and mix well.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff_B

Looking good Martin

It looks me and JHM are having a bad influence on some people around here !!! - LOL.

Nice start on the Hawker 1200-6once its together you then have the fun of deciding what to fit it out with, a suitable colour scheme and appropriate markings.

Well Martins started so whoose next up for doing a British Secret Project then ?

Cheers

Thor B)  

Captain Canada

Looking good, Martin !

Twin tails are always sexy......

:wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ogwash

QuoteI'm doing some Hawker Furies which should appear in Tony's forthcoming book, although they flew, so I don't think they count somehow. And they're merely conversions.

I am doing some work on a Genie equipped Lightning, but that's Project Cancelled - does that count? What about the (ahem) cloned TSR2s, given that i created the moulds, albeit from an existing, discontinued (at that time) kit? Do they count?

Ah - I've a Hawker P.1087 (navalised P1081) on the go, again just a conversion, and that IS in the secret projects series. Plus, Lazlo has done a P.1083, so I think we're getting there.

Plus you have a Blackburn P141 lined up as well !!!!! ;)

I know you and Gary have/had some on the go i was just wondering who else fancied having a bash apart from us lot. I expect Nigel may have a couple of new ones to show soon (hint, hint) to follow on from the Tempest.

Aircav was thinking of some projects but not sure where they are upto with the MPA binge he's going through at the moment. Although the B-36 idea seems to be next big thing.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Tophe

QuoteTwin tails are always sexy......
Thanks Martin for this wonderful model  :wub:
Captain, Ollie told me that Quebec people describe the P-38 not as twin-boom but as twin-tail, like the Me 110 maybe. For our twin-boomers, I now use the words "twin-tail-booms". OK ?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Very nice Martin.  Looks very sleek :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Joe C-P

Looks rather like a YF-17 to me. Though sleeker.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Keith Diamond

Looking good :)   In some ways it looks kinda like a mix between the F-35 and F-16.
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Martin H

Shes now on her undercart, and the canopy is in place, New burner can (RB199) has been built and installed, paint job is underway, MSG under surface, DSG uppers with dark green cammo late 1970's early 80's vintage
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

SOunds great Martin. #How about some piccies.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Captain, Ollie told me that Quebec people describe the P-38 not as twin-boom but as twin-tail, like the Me 110 maybe. For our twin-boomers, I now use the words "twin-tail-booms". OK ?
Yep, them Quebecers get everything backwards !

And now, just like the Gov't, you're cow-towwing to the dirty buggers !

:angry:

Uh, wait a minute....I'm French too, aren't I ?!
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

gooberliberation

why not? enough people cloned the -16 already, like the j-10, lavi, f-2, IDF...

heres my rendition :f16:

i like the tail for sure :cheers:

was that the snap-(not so)tite f-16?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

lancer

QuoteWell Martins started so whoose next up for doing a British Secret Project then ?

Cheers

Thor B)
Personally I'd love to have a go at doing one, but my kit bashing skilss are ot up to the task as yet.  A bit cra[[y really, as I know which one's I'd want to do. - The H.S P1214 'X-wing' , the P1216 and the P1205-11.
Ah well, one day maybe.... :(  :(  :(  :(  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Tophe

Captain, Quebec people describe the P-38 not as twin-boom but as twin-tail, like the Me 110 maybe.
Yep, them Quebecers get everything backwards !
:angry:
Dear Captain,
I am not sure the Quebec "twin-tail" words are wrong. There are many levels linking "twin-fin" to "twin-boom", the middle being maybe the Yak-141.
I know you are proud to be what you are, and I respect this state of mind, good for personal comfort, but maybe you could celebrate yourself without "spiting" on the others, nothing is simple, and there are so many ways... ;)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

I know you are proud to be what you are, and I respect this state of mind, good for personal comfort, but maybe you could celebrate yourself without "spiting" on the others, nothing is simple, and there are so many ways... ;)
Corn Flake du Kellogg

Kellogg's Corn Flakes

I rest my case................

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?