Main Menu

Da Rulz!!!

Started by anthonyp, August 22, 2010, 07:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

TEST & EXPERIMENT GROUP BUILD

1.  GB runs from 1 September 2010 to 1 January 2011.  NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED.

2.  Any "What If" subject that is appropriate to the Test, Evaluation and Experimentation theme.  Aircraft, armor, ships, space craft, etc in any scale or era are allowed..  Conversions and scatchbuilds are always appropriate.  Operational vehicles that are used for test and experimentation should have appropriate color schemes and markings to distinguish them from regular operational use.

3.  Model may have been started previously as long as only minor work has been done.  Decisions regarding eligibility will be made by GB Moderator.

4.  Voting for winners will start within one week of the close of the contest.  Models must be displayed in the "Finished Models" thread by the close of the contest to be eligible.

5.  A prize will be awarded to the winning model, based on popular vote.  Prize to be determined by end of GB.

6.  CLASSIFIED (Don't even bother asking about this one because I know you don't have the right clearance.)

7.  Profiles and Alternate Histories may be entered but will be voted on separately from models.

8.  "Raspberry Ripple", "Fanta" and similar schemes are allowed and appropriate for this GB.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

lancer

We have ways of finding out what Rule 6 is and we will, WE WILL..Mwahahahahahah
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

kitnut617

Is this the place to ask what's eligible ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Hobbes

From the GB idea thread:

QuoteGB to be for vehicles (of all descriptions) used in R&D or experimental work, prototypes to be included in this description, so Planes, Trains, Automobiles, Floaty Boatys, AFV's and hatstands...
Special schemes like Raspberry Ripple are equaly welcome

kitnut617

I was looking at Rule 3 specifically, I've got a project which I've barely started (see my Sea Harrier Mk.13) and I would like to know if it will be excepted as an entrant.  If so, would the moderator please move the thread into the this GB thread

Weaver

I've got severe doubts as to whether my F-111 GB entry will be finished in time for that deadline, so I'm wondering about moving it to here too, since it's a sub-scale swing-wing demonstrator in NASA colours.

Work done so far:

Nose cone shortened and filled
Canopy opening cut larger
Approx 2cm of another fuselage cut off to make a "solid" (no fancy nozzles) back end
Intakes cut away from fuselage
Rear tailplane booms cut short
1/48th F-19 cockpit trimmed to fit

Would that be eligible? I can post photos of work done if you want.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Mossie

I'll try & make an effort for this one, but it's been so long coming that events are probably going to get in the way.  We'll see eh?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

Quote from: Weaver on August 24, 2010, 02:36:59 AM
I've got severe doubts as to whether my F-111 GB entry will be finished in time for that deadline, so I'm wondering about moving it to here too, since it's a sub-scale swing-wing demonstrator in NASA colours.

Work done so far:

Nose cone shortened and filled
Canopy opening cut larger
Approx 2cm of another fuselage cut off to make a "solid" (no fancy nozzles) back end
Intakes cut away from fuselage
Rear tailplane booms cut short
1/48th F-19 cockpit trimmed to fit

Would that be eligible? I can post photos of work done if you want.

Comrade,

Talk to me - I have heard rumours that F-111GB extension may be being considered by Politburo...

Regards,

Comrade Gregorski (Commissar of all F-111 GB things)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ed S

Kitnut, go ahead with your Sea Harrier Mk13 for this group build.

Weaver, if you don't want to try and finish your F-111 for the F-111 group build, then go ahead and enter it in this on.  But please pick one GB or the other.

OK everyone.  The Game is underway. Time to get started.

Ed
Test & Experiment Group Build Moderator
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kitnut617

Quote from: Ed S on September 01, 2010, 06:41:47 PM
Kitnut, go ahead with your Sea Harrier Mk13 for this group build.

Thanks Ed --  :thumbsup:

Could one of our moderators move this thread into the GB please.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,27628.15.html

Weaver

Hi gents, only just seen your responses - cheers!  ;D

The way events at home and work are going, I'll be lucky to get anything done at all. However, if I'm going to make an attempt at the Pirate GB, then nothing will happen with the F-111 until after the 19th, which is WAY too late to start something so complicated for an end-of-the-month deadline. So I will be moving the Piglet over to Test and Experimental shortly. Sorry Greg: even the regular 2-week extension wouldn't be as long as the T&E deadline. Life is throwing big spanners about at the moment so the later the date, the more chance it has.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

dy031101

I feel tempted to try adding something to the enclosed picture......

Would digital 3D models be eligible for submission (then of course I'll have to start during the weekend)?
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Can a Record Breaker variant be accepted? It has some of experimental IMO.
Will die without understanding this world.

dy031101

To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here