Dornier Do 217 JV1

Started by Flyboy69, August 18, 2010, 07:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboy69

Ok guys here is a nother one. It isn't my best one but It looks wicked.
It's the 1/48 Revell Do 217 converted into a what if Nightfighter.
The outerwings came from a Costers Aero Enterprise set for the 217 K/M version.
They were not needed so I made good use of them. The extra props were from a old Do 335 (the pusher props) and the engines were spares from a Ju 88.
The model is seen as it was not yet finished. The last picture is the only one I have when it was finished and standing in Telford.

Cheers Arnold :cheers:

Finally out of the closet!!!!!!!

Doc Yo

Nicely done! The Njg version of the 217 series is a long-time favorite, and this is an interesting
extrapolation. Dornier certainly had  experience with this format, via the Do 26 flying boat.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

tanktastic43

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Ed S

Well done.  An excellent exercise in the quest for more power and more speed.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Martin H

Flyboy. 
If your attending Telford this year, make your self known at the SIG stand. You will be made very welcome by the gang. Feel free to bring a few models along if you wish :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PACOPEPE

Very well done, and very beautiful (and original); congratulations once more. In the nose appears a centimetric radar, isn´t it?. Very well done this innovation.

Regards
Fran

Allan

Stunning model--this is what Whiffing is all about.
Allan in Canberra

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Yes I remember that one, wanted to speak to the builder, but at the time you weren't around. Like OGL says, pitch-up at the SIG stand anytime, you'll be very welcome.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

dumaniac

yes - niiiiccceee - I was going to do this configuration on a Ju88 - yours is a great inspiration
cheers Bernie

Flyboy69

Thanxs guys.

I thought that I was a nutball with this one. I some times have the strangest thoughts in my head and then I have to build it. But after staying 10 years in the closet I finaly did come out. Hehehehehe

Martin/Ian, I will be atending in Telford. I will get to the what if stand there. I don't know if I will be taking some models with me for your stand. There will be a What if Model for the competition. It's In its fase to be getting some paint and it's again an English aeroplane like last year (that was the Whirlwind).

Cheers Arnold :cheers:

Finally out of the closet!!!!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Slerski

:o That's an impressive model.
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »