QANTAS Rotodyne on ARC

Started by Aircav, April 26, 2004, 05:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

She's fair dinkum a beaut!

Bloody oath!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Yeah, I saw that the other day....pretty sweet !

If only.............. :(  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

F-32

Found one on E-bay the other day but my pass word wasn't working.  By the time I got my new password it had gone :(

I had planned to do it in the old RAF desert scheme of sand and brown with a white underside..........................maybe I'll get lucky and pick one up at a show this year.

nev

wasn't Aircav building a gunship rotodyne?

And I seem to recall Wooksta building one in Middle East colours too.

Oh, and the guy who built it credits John Baxter (and therefore Lee) for inspiring him to build it with his alternate RAAF book.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Not me  :huh:  :mellow: No Rotodynes for this boy yet
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Nick

There's a Convertiplane Group Build (sponsored by DMC Models) over on ARC where you can build any aircraft capable of "vertical rotary winged lift into horizontal fixed winged flight".
A lot of us are building Rotodynes in a variety of schemes!

Convertiplane Group Build

The grand plan is to celebrate the Rotodynes birthday on 6th November with a mass article on ARC.

Nick B)  

elmayerle

How about a gunship version of a McDonnell XV-1 to accompany those transports?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Mike Wren

QuoteThere's a Convertiplane Group Build (sponsored by DMC Models) over on ARC where you can build any aircraft capable of "vertical rotary winged lift into horizontal fixed winged flight".
A lot of us are building Rotodynes in a variety of schemes!
an official group build might be just what I need to get started on my Rotodyne...

was planning on a US Army evaluation one in OD with lots of Dayglo & a stone/green Royal Marine one (in Malaya?)

decision time though, seeing as I've only got 1 kit at the moment...  :huh: